Taking the Plunge

Desertnate

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

After two generations of iPhones, I've decided to try out a phone running Android. Recently I bought an iPad mini which I love, but it made me realize what I like in my phone and my "casual" internet device are two different things. I love iOS when used in the context of how I use my iPad, but I want my phone to be more of a tool that works and looks how I want. Since I work in the IT industry, I felt it was good for me to broaden my horizons and experience as many different platforms as possible. Right now, I have a personal use iPhone, a Blackberry for work, an iPad, and a Windows laptop. Something running Android was the missing piece.

I've already learned a great deal from lurking here and look forward to learning more and contributing where I can.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

After two generations of iPhones, I've decided to try out a phone running Android. Recently I bought an iPad mini which I love, but it made me realize what I like in my phone and my "casual" internet device are two different things. I love iOS when used in the context of how I use my iPad, but I want my phone to be more of a tool that works and looks how I want. Since I work in the IT industry, I felt it was good for me to broaden my horizons and experience as many different platforms as possible. Right now, I have a personal use iPhone, a Blackberry for work, an iPad, and a Windows laptop. Something running Android was the missing piece.

I've already learned a great deal from lurking here and look forward to learning more and contributing where I can.

Welcome to the forums. What devices are you looking at getting?

Desertnate

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at the HTC M8, Galaxy S5 and the LG G3. After playing with the first two, I was looking at the M8. Then the G3 hit the market.

My only hang up with the M8 and G3 is the size. That is what may dive me to the S5. I haven't seen a G3 yet, but I liked the performance, UI, and display of the M8 the best.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I use a couple action with Nova launcher to help negate the size.
Widget near the top helps eliminate most needs to touch the top of the screen.

One on the left is for the notification shade, center is app drawer, right is quick settings.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Attachments

• 1406227670427.jpg
    1406227670427.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 17

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side.. Oops.. I mean Android :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome.... And get the G3 or the M8 or the S5

No no the G3,definitely the G3

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000