Just upgraded from Huawei IDEOS X5 to Samsung Galaxy S5

RayTomes

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum. I just upgraded from Huawei IDEOS X5 to Samsung Galaxy S5 a few days ago. So now NRA can snoop on me instead of China. ;-)

I have spent hours finding and arranging things so I can use it easily. I had just finished that when I discovered "OK Google" and got excited about using that. Any advise on "must have" apps is appreciated, especially if they are free. In particular I am not that impressed with "S Planner" nor with Googles "Calendar" which I just installed.

I can now use some old apps that stopped working because GPS was not starting right on the Huawei. I use runkeeper when I go for walks, and the GPS (and Wifi) connection speeds are vastly better. But runkeeper still does some weird things like not allow me to exit and keep running in the background. Why would that be?

All the best
Ray Tomes

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums! 🙋
I also have the GS5.

I've never used runkeeper before so I'm not a big help there but, you can clear the cache of said up and see if that helps.

Have you used any of the Samsung apps for exercise?

Free apps are plenty and it all depends on what you like and want.
For music I recommend Pandora and Samsung's Milk.

Sent From Another Galaxy

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, have you emailed the developer of runkeeper to let him know about your issue?
It could be a bug.

Sent From Another Galaxy

RayTomes

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to Stargate, Golfdriver97 and B.Diddy for your replies and welcome.
I haven't used the exercise programs on GS5, although I filled out the info for S Health (but doesn't look very interesting).
I should email the developer for runkeeper. Only reason that I haven't is that I am using the free version and there is a pay for one.
So far, once having reorganized things a bit, I find the GS5 very neat. It is so much faster and I especially enjoy clicking connect to wifi or GPS and having it happen immediately. Also, the camera has about 5 times as many megapixels as my old camera (not my phone, my actual camera).
I haven't got into google drive and google keep yet. Too many new things to learn for an old chap. :)
All the best
Ray

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to Stargate, Golfdriver97 and B.Diddy for your replies and welcome.
I haven't used the exercise programs on GS5, although I filled out the info for S Health (but doesn't look very interesting).
I should email the developer for runkeeper. Only reason that I haven't is that I am using the free version and there is a pay for one.
So far, once having reorganized things a bit, I find the GS5 very neat. It is so much faster and I especially enjoy clicking connect to wifi or GPS and having it happen immediately. Also, the camera has about 5 times as many megapixels as my old camera (not my phone, my actual camera).
I haven't got into google drive and google keep yet. Too many new things to learn for an old chap. :)
All the best
Ray

I love Keep. Drive for me isn't used all that much, but I think it is a good thing to get used to as you get I think 15 GB of free space.

As for the one app that you are having issues with: the paid version and the free version should work equally well. I would still let the developer know, as it is only fair to them so that they don't have a bad user experience that can be prevented.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I also use the Galaxy S5 and it's great!
Welcome to Android Central!

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza