Greetings from the Netherlands!

AverageNinja

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new here and I thought I'd introduce myself!

I'm 'AverageNinja' (but feel free to call me Ninja or AN ;)), I'm 17 years old and I currently reside, as you can see in the title, in the Netherlands. I'm new to Android (actually I'm picking up my first Android phone in a few weeks), and I thought I'd give this community a go! I'm on various other forums, but this is my first forum related to Smartphones and all, so please be gentle with me. ;)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

See you guys around :)

AverageNinja

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow, thanks for the fast replies guys!

I'm getting a Nexus 5, still debating about whether I should get the 16 or the 32GB version and which case I want (import a Tubia Melody, wait for a Cruzerlite Androidified comes back in stock or pay a higher price for a Spigen Neo Hybrid). Though I kinda need it fast because my current device (iPod Touch 4g) is taking its last breaths :(

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, thanks for the fast replies guys!

I'm getting a Nexus 5, still debating about whether I should get the 16 or the 32GB version and which case I want (import a Tubia Melody, wait for a Cruzerlite Androidified comes back in stock or pay a higher price for a Spigen Neo Hybrid). Though I kinda need it fast because my current device (iPod Touch 4g) is taking its last breaths :(

Excellent choice! I'm jealous as the Nexus 5 isn't available to my carrier here in the states! Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

AverageNinja

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Aye! I've had my eye on this phone from the moment it released, but the horror-stories of the cracked screens always kind of put me off. Now that I really need a phone, I've started researching more and found out that even a basic case can protect the phone really well, so that's what really set my mind on it! :)

Can't you buy one unlocked though? That's what I'm doing! I'm going to be using my old (Prepaid... Yup...) SIM-card in it (cutting it to fit in the slot), and I'll switch to a contract in a few months (maybe even with 4G) :)

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Aye! I've had my eye on this phone from the moment it released, but the horror-stories of the cracked screens always kind of put me off. Now that I really need a phone, I've started researching more and found out that even a basic case can protect the phone really well, so that's what really set my mind on it! :)

Can't you buy one unlocked though? That's what I'm doing! I'm going to be using my old (Prepaid... Yup...) SIM-card in it (cutting it to fit in the slot), and I'll switch to a contract in a few months (maybe even with 4G) :)

Verizon doesn't play well with unlocked devices unfortunately

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

AverageNinja

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

If you can afford it, the 32. No question.

Thanks man!

Well, I have a deal with my parents (because I need to start paying health insurance and college tuition in a few months, not because I'm a spoiled brat ;)), we'll split the costs, so the 32Gb Version shouldn't be a problem. Only problem is the availability: I prefer retail stores, so that's going to be a pain in the rear-end :/

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Prices aren't that bad in the stores here actually! I can find the 16GB version for the same price or even a bit less in retail stores. Not sure the 32GB version is even available in retail stores here though :/

Well, best of luck. If you are careful with which apps you load, 16 may not be that bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci