Just got LG Apex, already need help with flash

Dancin Dave

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got my first android, an LG Apex (v 2.1) from US cellular. It's a fascinating device with one hard to remedy defect. Web pages with adobe flash simply do not display or function at all. All I can see on musicians websites is "this content requires Adobe flash." Of course, it can't be downloaded to my mobile. I tried other browsers like Skyfire which claimed to have already solved the problem for 2.1 devices, but I get the same result when I go to webpages with embedded flash. I understand that my phone will get an official upgrade to Froyo 2.2 in March, but no Adobe flash will come with it because my phone doesn't meet Adobe's system requirements.

I certainly don't need HD and surround sound audiovisuals on my phone. I just need to see a musicians website, hear what songs are on it, and maybe watch a little herky-jerky approximation of whatever video is there. Do I need to root my phone just to enable skyfire or some other flash-converting browser to work? It seems like the technical problems of getting some basic flash functionality on phones like mine were actually solved, but then Adobe got in the way.

Happy new year to everybody, and may the Hackers uproot the New World Order!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox