Potential Android user here!

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, Wayne here from the Communistwealth of Virginia. I currently have an iPhone 4 with that detestable micro SIM card. However, I think it's the best cell phone I've ever used. But being a toy lover, gadget head, geek, whatever you want to call us, I have to have another phone.

I just bought a micro sim adapter from eBay and I am really wanting the Samsung Galaxy S model for ATT. I think it's the Captivate, right?

Anyway, my birthday is coming up next month and hopefully the Birthday Bunny will use eBay and my PayPal account to send me one! lol

I'd love to learn more about Android and would also love to know what similar apps are in the Android store like Things and Omnifocus and stuff like that.

So hopefully, I'll be here often. I already know some of the people here from TiPB and Twitter.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard the forum! One of the strengths of Android is the flexibility for customization that it offers. I think you will have fun making the phone as yours as you can this way. Another strength is the ability to use widgets on the homepage that allow you to do a lot of different activities and/or get information without having to open applications.

Research the different phones as each manufacturer has their strengths and weaknesses. I personally prefer the HTC phones because of the Sense skin but there are people who do not like sense at all. So, do your research and even test the phones in the stores!

Have fun!

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the Samsung on eBay. For some reason, I've never been impressed with HTC hardware. I am however, looking forward to having a second phone to play with. You know, like having a Mac and Windows and Linux to mess with?

I never bad mouth other platforms. I really don't care what other people like to use, you know? I was impressed with the Palm WebOS. The hardware? LOL Right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay