A few Android Central newbie questions from a Crackberry nerd!!!!

rockerjockey

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I have been a dedicated Blackberry nerd for about 4 years now and am getting the itch to switch to Android, I know i've seen a ton of Blackberry converters here in the forums and have done a lot of reading and research on future Android devices...so heres my questions. I am currently on AT&T and have been watching the Atrix and Inspire, why not all the hype about the HTC? I've heard some bad and good things comming from Moto's side about the Atrix and everyone seems to be all sold on it, but the bad things (not able to Root, Motoblur etc.) are making me wary. So, do you think the HTC is comparable to the Atrix? Or should I just skip it all and go to Verizon and wait for the next best thing there? All answers and help are appreciated :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums...
It's whatever you like in a device. I would personally go with the Atrix just because I see it as the better phone. If you're into hacking the phone and don't want to wait and see if the Atrix gets unlocked go with an HTC.
I'm waiting on the Bionic for Verizon... Once I see it gets hacked into the way the DroidX did, then I will go out and get it. I have faith it will though, so I might just pick it up before then.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Motorola locked bootloader just means less roms for your device. My droidx is rooted and the phone can be rooted. Just takes time.
Welcome to A/C.

highjakker

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
welcome! you're right...there are lots of former BB users here, me being one of them. although i admit i'm not a hacker/tinkerer....yet. also a former CB user here too.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Lots of us over here from CB. Once you make the jump, there's a lot of help here to make the transition a smooth one. :)

rockerjockey

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the welcomes! I will have to admit tho that i will be sticking with att and going to the Atrix because i want to be able to just switch up my sim card and go back to my beloved BB if i need to..... hahaha I am super stoked about getting my first android device tho, and hopefully stick around for a while ;)

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Just remember that going from BB to Android, there will be a learning curve. A lot of the things that were built into the BlackBerry are add-ons to Android (things like Quick Profiles to change sound profiles, Bedside if you use bedside mode...).

Android's best feature is that it is fully customizable. But that also means you will want to customize it to fit your needs. Tweaking your device is pretty much a given when it comes to Android. Most of the people who I've seen go back to BlackBerry have done so because they didn't want to spend the time tweaking/configuring their devices.

hootyhoo#AC

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just remember that going from BB to Android, there will be a learning curve. A lot of the things that were built into the BlackBerry are add-ons to Android (things like Quick Profiles to change sound profiles, Bedside if you use bedside mode...).

Android's best feature is that it is fully customizable. But that also means you will want to customize it to fit your needs. Tweaking your device is pretty much a given when it comes to Android. Most of the people who I've seen go back to BlackBerry have done so because they didn't want to spend the time tweaking/configuring their devices.

This. I've had my DX for two weeks now. I finally have it set up like I want it. It is so much more customizable than bb. I just don't know why I waited so long to jump to android.

I have to admit though, that I still find myself trying to click the screen.

rockerjockey

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am one that loves to tweak and configure things, taking it apart and seeing what its made of....im always one of the first to run a leaked OS on my 9700, i cant count how many times ive stayed up till the wee hours of the morning loading unofficial leaks and programs on my phone...bricking it a few times and spending hours trying to get it back to normal, if thats more so in an android then i believe i will be a true convert and keep the blackberry for sentimental reasons......hehehehehe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo