Hey everyone

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I technically signed up for Android Central back around CES when all of the new Android phones were announced but my first post was today in the Thunderbolt forum. I came from the Crackberry forums where I am known as VideoEngineerAJS.

I'm a current BlackBerry Storm owner on Verizon and I've been elligible to upgrade since October. I know I want to stick with Verizon and get a Droid, it's just a matter of whether I want the Bionic or the Thunderbolt. I was all about the Bionic, but a lot of things that weren't previously known about the Thunderbolt have come to the surface and they intrigue me a bit.

Anyway, I guess it depends on the release date of the Bionic. If it's only a month and a half or 2 months from the Thunderbolt release date I'll probably wait on the Bionic, unless my Storm dies before then.

Is there anything else that people would like to know?

jif0009

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What are the "things that weren't previously known about the Thunderbolt"? Am I missing something?

I also have the BB Storm 2 and I've been dying to leave BB...just waiting for the right android to jump. I'm definitely staying with big red and I've been going back and forth between the Thunderbolt and Bionic but I think the specs of the Bionic are little better. I really don't care much about the locked bootloader thing because I don't anticipate rooting or anything else like that. Wish we could have more updates on this phone...

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I wasn't aware of the simultaneous voice and data over 3G until last week. Of course this wouldn't really matter a whole lot to me given the fact that where I live and where my family lives are both in LTE coverage areas, but it is still kind of cool.

I just hope I don't have to wait until May or June for the Bionic. That's part of my indecision right now.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I wasn't aware of the simultaneous voice and data over 3G until last week. Of course this wouldn't really matter a whole lot to me given the fact that where I live and where my family lives are both in LTE coverage areas, but it is still kind of cool.

I just hope I don't have to wait until May or June for the Bionic. That's part of my indecision right now.

Side note: 3G/SVDO requires device and tower to both support it. Simultaneous 3G over CDMA will only work if Vzw updates their towers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995