Switching from Verizon

opentheroof

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I have had the G-1 on Tmobile and now the Droid on Verizon.

Honestly Verizons network is good but the delay of them getting 4g and global phones is annoying.

I am thinking of going back to T-mobile or somewhere else.

My phone needs to work at my work and T-Mobile has a big blank spot at the edge of the Base I work at in New Jersey.

Any suggestions. Want to get a good phone with 4g world capable, also the carrier must be able to allow me to unlock it because when i travel I want to get a regional sim card. Lastly I would like a full slide out keyboard.
Whats coming out worth waiting for?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,opentheroof.
Welcome to the forum.

As for switching to T-Mobile don't... Verizon is awesome and you won't regret staying with them. Phones coming soon.(4G)

opentheroof

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Problem is the wife and I are traveling overseas alot and the world phones they have suck. Do you know of anything coming soon that will work overseas.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
South Jersey has BIG tmobile holes in it. Driving from PA to the joisy shaw (LBI) route 70 and 72 have horrible Tmobile coverage.
No problems with Big Red.

I know it may be a pain, but why not get a prepaid phone for overseas and have calls, etc. forwarded while you are there?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Get a used BlackBerry 9630 Tour for use overseas. They should sell cheap and are global.

I've used my BlackBerry 9630 out of the country and it worked great.

Some other VZW Global phones to consider:

BlackBerry phones:
Storm 1
Storm 2
8830 WE
Bold

opentheroof

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I really want to get a new 4g phone with full keypad. I already have the droid so going to the droid 2 is pointless. I am really looking for the android aps I currently have so when i go traveling I still have them. Blackberry just doesnt cut it.

Last year I had my old G1 but its battery wasnt lasting long and it ended up breaking.

Between me and my wife we spend a few months over seas every year. Once I get to london I pick up a T-mobil europe sim card and have service and its alot cheaper than plans here in the states.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to A/C.

That is one reason I have not cold my BB9550 so when I go go overseas, I can use it. But that is one major downside of VZW for those who travel a lot outside of the US.

afrats

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
4g is a myth anyway. Nobody really reaches 4g speeds, they just call their fastest network 4g. Verizon's 3g is just as fast as what most other carriers call 4g.

HemiRam

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello every, I am new to Android, came over from Iphone, hoping to learn quite a bit about the Android system. Gave up Iphone for a Samsung Epic, lovin the phone so far. Thanks in advance for any help or info I will probably.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance