quasi newbie? para newbie? semi newbie?

shocka

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
how-dee!

i've become addicted to the forums here since the thunderbolt was announced oh-so-long ago.

i currently rock a rooted (and flashed and re-flashed and re-flashed...) eris that i am on the verge of pulverizing in my over-sized hands every time i use the eternally lagging little phone. despite being ready to toss the little fella, i do appreciate the durability of htc hardware and the elegance of htc sense. that, plus those aforementioned hands (i am 6'9" with hands to match) made the thunderbolt a shoo-in despite my mountainous north carolina surrounds not getting 4g until the end of the year. i considered a droid x until, well, i used one. i then considered an iphone 4 until, yeah, i used one. then i played with an inspire 4g and shortly thereafter fondled a thunder-dummy and knew this was my phone-to-be. i'm not a hardcore gamer so the "it's not dual core!" rants haven't affected my decision. and one thing the iphone has made clear is that raw specs don't trump a happy marriage between hardware and OS.

the weeks of waiting have been a little rough. but the alternatives all fell short. the upcoming samsung stealth? fugly, plastic-y and likely doomed to samsung's legendary update schedule. the bionic? droid x/motoblur redux. lg revolution? give me htc over lg's hardware and interface any day.

i'll be picking this puppy up at my local verizon retailer at 2pm on thursday (i have an appointment) and i'll be rocking what my partner calls "that kickstand phone?" on a 2 year contract. something i am totally at peace with. and i am sure i will continue to peruse and post and enjoy the forums here during that time. but come thursday it will be as a thunderbolt owner:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes