Any Cystic Fibrosis android users out there?!?!

jbaile07#AC

Feb 13, 2011
www.facebook.com
My wife has Cystic Fibrosis and recently had a double lung transplant, I am her primary caregiver. Android is a life saver for calorie counting and blood sugar and clinic appts and meds and on and on and on and on!

Reactions: Dancinkitty6

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations!!! I had mine August 19th-20th, 2007. A great day indeed. My "second" birthday, as I say.

As for apps, yes I use a diabetic app although i have 3 on my phone i forget which one it is actually. No need for reminders or meds for me, compliance at an early age was a priority. My biggest problem for meds is when I'm in a patient's room (I should have my nursing degree by August) and I'm called to do something I end up forgetting temporarily. I wear a Casio pathfinder watch with a vibrating alarm that goes off at 8:05 and 20:05 daily, so that I remember and don't cause draw too much attention on myself.

How long ago did she get them? Where did she have it done? Life works in amazing ways and it sounds like she is blessed to have someone like you who supports and understands the necessities of medication and compliance. With the daily prednisone, I find it important to stick to a regular schedule of exercise as that helps regulate my glucose numbers. Time management is of high importance. Hopefully soon enough, she won't have to need all of your care! Summer is coming, make sure you make it a #1 priority to put sunblock or sunscreen (look for ones that have BOTH UVA + B protection) on her. In the summer I wear 45 (I'm in Pittsburgh), in the Winter 15-30 depending. If you are going on vacation to someplace sunny make it in April or November/December. Trust me. Because the immune system is suppressed and the medications we take, increased risk of skin cancer. I never listen to the #'s or percentages of expected outcomes, but i do my own research and I do heed the doctor's warnings. Drink lots of water, keep it low on the potassium (potato chips, bananas) and keep those blood sugars under control. First sign of virus or infection - tell the transplant coordinators/docs. And stay away from sick people or carry around hand sanitizers like i do.

Well i turned this into an prologue instead of a response! Good luck

Aspiring Developer

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a BMT last year. Besides my wife, my N1 is my everything. The biggest thing for me is Alarm Master Lite. I never forget my meds. I have alarms set for exercise and everything. I scan my Walgreens refills in by barcode. Document skin problems for the doctor with the camera. Record my food and sugar and BP and temperature and any questions for the doctor. To say nothing of getting facts from the web on how safe things are to eat etc.
Oh and games to pass the time during infusions... hehe.

jbaile07#AC

Feb 13, 2011
www.facebook.com
So, Heather had her transplant on Sept 25-26, 2010. She waited for 2 and a half years with University of Virginia then august of 2010 she was to sick to breathe on her and was put in a sedated coma and on a ventilator, it took a month before she recovered even slightly and in the mean time UVA helped me get her listed at Duke. Duke flew her down from where we lived in Norfolk, Va and after being rehabbed a bit they listed her @10 am on the 23rd of sept and got lung 48 hours later!! During her transplant she had a stroke which wasnt made present until about 24 hours later when the sedation wore off completely and her evaluation showed. She is about 85 percent recovered now, no physical deficits and minor speech, which she does therapy 2 times a week. I'm actually i the planning phases of developing a transplant app. A compilation of info and helpful things for afterwards, like keeping all your records in one place and printable for the doctor. As a care
giver I relied on my blackberry for communication but felt shorted when it came to entertainment and overall capability!! Android is so much fun and a vast collection oftools and resources!! I lve it! I'm glad some people responded!! If you feel comfortable post some pics!! You and your Android!!
Jimmy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz