What a Difference an Android Makes!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my first Android phone last week, the VirginMobile Optimus V, and I am loving it! I was using a BB 8800 series, and there wasn't much I would call smart about it. I refused to join the iPhone zombie nation, the thought of overpaying for a device that is intentionally dumbed-down by the manufacturer is too much to bear. I loved having the BB's email/messaging, and thought I would miss the BB keyboard (Swype is amazing), but I am head over hills for Android now (and thanks to VM's service, I'm saving $40/month off my old T-Mobile BB plan).

For those nervous about Rooting and ROMs, relax! I found all the info I needed in these forums with just a couple of hours of browsing (one hour is all that's really needed, but I like to triple check info in forums).

Thanks to everyone here who helps, and a HUGE thanks to the developers who have taken the time to create these amazing ROMs that allow us to do so much more than any iPhone ever will!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to A/C. Double and Triple checking is good and if it makes you feel more comfortable with doing ROMS, it will be good.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the group!

Jumping from the 8800 is quite a leap! I thought moving from the 8830WE to the Tour was a nice step up.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone!

The 8800 was a bonus from my boss, and I was made fun of by everyone for owning a "smart phone without a camera!" But what can you do when your boss bought it for you?

Now I can hold my head high and proud! lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood