New here but not to Android

scootibum

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
HELLO

I'm new here but I've been lurking for awhile. I own a G2, came from a G1 and I'm looking forward to my gingerbread update coming soon. :D

I want to root my phone but I don't wanna deal w/ the chance of losing my warranty. BTW I've gone through two, G2 phones.

First one had a problem where the screen only worked if I opened up the QWERTY keyboard.

Second phone had a problem with the touch screen where it would get stuck when I pressed something, it acted as if I held my finger on the screen for a few seconds which was really annoying.

No problems with the third phone thank goodness. :cool: Hello Android Forums.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi...
Welcome to Android Central.

I want to root my phone but I don't wanna deal w/ the chance of losing my warranty. BTW I've gone through two, G2 phones.
These two just don't go together. If you root, then you have void. It's just that simply.

Rooting doesn't mean the (end of life) to your phone, it just merely means that you have gone against the manufacturer rules.

scootibum

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi...
Welcome to Android Central.

These two just don't go together. If you root, then you have void. It's just that simply.

Rooting doesn't mean the (end of life) to your phone, it just merely means that you have gone against the manufacturer rules.

So what your saying is that if my phone has another dysfunction and I have rooted my phone and go back to get a new phone at Tmo that I would be able to do so even if I have rooted it? Not possible, at least to my knowledge.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC! As far as rooting you phone, rooting does void your warrenty. If you had a problem and returned the phone to "stock", then got a replacement, that is between you and them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol