Introduction

Reddsand

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just changed my many years of Blackberry (Bold and Curve 9300 last phones) to G2x Android with T-mobile. I shouldn't have waited so long! T-mobile gives me 30 days to swap my phone, so I'm hoping the Samsung SII comes out quick, although I'm getting attached to the G2x.

Regards,
Doug

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bb transplant too and really loving it. There's plenty of good threads out there to answer the many questions you might have. Just browse through. I was a big quicklaunch guy for one and so the only real way to adjust to not having that for me was to find a home replacement that i liked and could customize to my wants. I went with Launcher Pro ex. Another adjustment is screenshots. Unless you root your phone i don't think there are any you can use. finally, you hear a lot of blackberry transplants trying to figure out a good keyboard and email app. For the keyboard i use 'betterkeyboard 8' and Vlingo....still flip-flopping. and for email i use k-9, which is good if you primarily use another account, not gmail, and want your emails pushed to your k-9 account. Check out the Apps forum and there should be some stickies regarding other apps. Good luck
Sorry, i use Go Launcher Ex but i do like Launcher Pro. Sorry if i confused you

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello...
Welcome to Android Central.

It's nice to have you onboard with us. Tap on the link in my signature for additional "tips & tricks".

Enjoy.