From Windows Phone to Android

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone I've converted over from windows phone to Android. I've used Android before but this is the first one I've owned. I went with the ZTE axon 7. I'm from the windows central forums so it was only right I came over to Android central. Looking forward to learning and enjoying my phone over here with you guys

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey @Sedp23 Warm Welcome to AndroidCentral 😃 The Axon 7 is a great choice! The stereo speakers are pretty cool.

If you need any help, we are always here. See you around the forums.

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central. I hope you'll enjoy Android as much as I do.
So far so good it's just that u really have to set things up how you want it I'm still stuck trying to figure out how to make my app sounds different from my texts. On my phone most of the apps and my texts make the same sounds

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
What made you take the leap and do you still own the Idol 4S for Windows?
Because I logged into facebook on a s8 in a store one day and saw how outdated facebook for Windows 10 mobile was. Then the app situation was also terrible on windows ..the windows version of the pain idol and the axon 7 are similarly specced so I went with the axon 7.

I would've got the Android version of the idol 4s but it had lesser specs and more expensive than the windows version which made no sense.

I don't have the idol 4s anymore

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Because I logged into facebook on a s8 in a store one day and saw how outdated facebook for Windows 10 mobile was. Then the app situation was also terrible on windows ..the windows version of the pain idol and the axon 7 are similarly specced so I went with the axon 7.

I would've got the Android version of the idol 4s but it had lesser specs and more expensive than the windows version which made no sense.

I don't have the idol 4s anymore
Yeah I feel you. I was the same way when I came to Android about two and a half years ago. I really loved Windows Phone but a lot of stuff is outdated including the camera app which still does not show live preview for ISO and shutter speed chamges or did they finally add that in? I'm looking to return with the eventual, finally released version of the much dreamt about Surface Phone but I will not be using it exclusively(if it ever gets released) rather alongside my LG V20. Unless Microsoft makes up some serious ground but I have yet to see that.

Sedp23

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I feel you. I was the same way when I came to Android about two and a half years ago. I really loved Windows Phone but a lot of stuff is outdated including the camera app which still does not show live preview for ISO and shutter speed chamges or did they finally add that in? I'm looking to return with the eventual, finally released version of the much dreamt about Surface Phone but I will not be using it exclusively(if it ever gets released) rather alongside my LG V20. Unless Microsoft makes up some serious ground but I have yet to see that.

I know for sure that live feature still isn't in there. They haven't updated much of anything. I loved windows too but Android does so much more and more polished. Even simple things like apps being able to write on top of other apps or being able to play music/video with audio while on a call and maps/navigation is so much better.

There's a couple apps I miss that aren't on Android surprisingly like instaget universal, and disqus.

I"ll definitely keep a eye on windows tho but they've got to do something about the app situation

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC. I too am a former WP user. Moved over here last Nov. I was on WP since the beginning. Things are much better over here though.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! And a great device you've chosen, there! The Axon 7 is probably the best mid-range phone on the market. Hope you enjoy your time here!