Anyone seen IOS 5 ... some android rip off's

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I updated my ipad 1 to ISO 5 the other day and apple added the pull down notification bar and their version of lattitude "find my friends" ... if iphone is all that, why do they have to get ideas from android..

BTW their notification bar is pretty weak...

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Ummmm...Where do you think Google got the idea for Android
LoL, Exactly! Anyone seen Android? It's an iPhone rip off lol - for 2 years I was a faithful Droid X and then Droid X2 user. I raved about Android and looked forward to the long awaited updates hoping they would make my phone better, more stable, better battery life, etc. After going through several Droid X's and then several Droid X2's I had a friend that had an iPhone and wanted to go back to Android after missing some of the customization and Android features. We swapped phones straight across and I can say that I will never go back to Android again. The iPhone just plain WORKS. No freezing up, no random rebooting. No slowing down after a few weeks. It is fast, reliable, amazing battery life and works every time. Oh yeah, and my buddy that I traded...he ended up selling the Droid X2 and getting another iPhone because he said that he couldn't go back to the slow buggyness of Android after using the iPhone.
And yes, Android was a huge rip off of iPhone lol, and I can say that after having used Android for 2yrs. Long live the iPhone lol

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
LoL, Exactly! Anyone seen Android? It's an iPhone rip off lol - for 2 years I was a faithful Droid X and then Droid X2 user. I raved about Android and looked forward to the long awaited updates hoping they would make my phone better, more stable, better battery life, etc. After going through several Droid X's and then several Droid X2's I had a friend that had an iPhone and wanted to go back to Android after missing some of the customization and Android features. We swapped phones straight across and I can say that I will never go back to Android again. The iPhone just plain WORKS. No freezing up, no random rebooting. No slowing down after a few weeks. It is fast, reliable, amazing battery life and works every time. Oh yeah, and my buddy that I traded...he ended up selling the Droid X2 and getting another iPhone because he said that he couldn't go back to the slow buggyness of Android after using the iPhone.
And yes, Android was a huge rip off of iPhone lol, and I can say that after having used Android for 2yrs. Long live the iPhone lol

Really? I had a DroidX, hardly had any issues. Battery life was phenomenal. Also please explain how Android ripped the iPhone off? IOS is a f&^*^*ng MATRIX OF ICONS! That's all it is. It's the Android App tray! Until recently IOS had NO FOLDER SUPPORT, NO PROPER NOTIFICATION SUPPORT, NO MULTITASKING and it still does not support an LED. WTF are you talking about? IOS is a smooth piece of crap compared to Android. And the iPhone 4s is getting horrendous battery life, plus that POS SIRI works when it feels like it. And yes IOS 5 RIPPED OFF Android and is still way behind ICS.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I love FAN BOYS who say Android is a iPhone rip off ....... its like saying Ford ripped off Chevy in the old old days. Its like Gates and Jobs in 1977.. what came first, Windows or Apple? .. both based on basic II.. Just one is open and the other is closed. Gee... sounds familiar....

Android came first. Alpha was no IOS 1. That is true. But the foundation of your "IOS" is Linux... is Android.. that home screen you see is just an enhanced form of Alpha.. just in a closed "company contolled 1984" form..... so chill. OK pumpkin?

THEN Google bought Android. Made it open and inclusive and free-to-choose to fit their business model.... rather than closed, exclusive, and communistic... they took the alpha foundation and made beta.. then cupcake.. donut. Eclair. Froyo. Gingerbread. Honeycomb. And now ICS.

1) People need to research and know facts before posting

2) if a person goes through 3+ devices of the same make and model while other users of the same device never have issues... then logical states 1 thing..... USER ERROR!!!!!

3) I hate morXXXX... I mean " non-technical humans"... who blame the OS due to USER ERROR.... android, iPhone, blackberry, windows morXXX, I mean " non-technical humans" , are guilty of this...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Why are you still posting on this forum then?

As for the battery life, iPhones are 3G devices so big whoop. Now if Apple made a dual-core 4G LTE iPhone and it was fast, light, not bulky and had a great battery life using 4G LTE that would be impressive. But they don't.

Motorola, however, does with the Razr Maxx. Maybe iPhone 5 will be a 4G LTE device, but the current iPhone 4S is not.

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just looked in here, had to correct something. IOS is not Linux, it is UNIX. Linux is not UNIX, but a copy of the design aspects. Anyone who thinks unix is Linux, or the opposite, needs to get their facts straight.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
ok, windows/ apple copied from dos. windows copied from apple, apple copied from Microsoft. Both Microsoft copped from linux.

Google copies apple, apple copies google.

See a pattern everyone copies from another.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Rip-off would mean Android looked and worked exactly like iOS. Instead they took iOS and made it 10x more awesome. Customization, openenss, functionality, etc.

Also, iOS does not "just work." No OS is perfect and iOS is no different.

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Rip-off would mean Android looked and worked exactly like iOS. Instead they took iOS and made it 10x more awesome. Customization, openenss, functionality, etc.

Also, iOS does not "just work." No OS is perfect and iOS is no different.

I'd say with JB, you're right.

ICS was getting there.

GB and prior didn't work as well as iOS. It might have been able to do more stuff, but the things iOS did it did better.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd say with JB, you're right.

ICS was getting there.

GB and prior didn't work as well as iOS. It might have been able to do more stuff, but the things iOS did it did better.

The stuff that both could do perhaps. Android was probably still getting some of the kinks out of their OS back then but ICS is when it proved what it could do. Though Gingerbread was pretty decent guy for my first Android experience.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The stuff that both could do perhaps. Android was probably still getting some of the kinks out of their OS back then but ICS is when it proved what it could do. Though Gingerbread was pretty decent guy for my first Android experience.

Well, I guess I might be in the minority. I only care about features I'll actually use, and I care about those features working seamlessly. I don't even use half of the things my Galaxy Nexus can do, I would imagine, but that's okay.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess I might be in the minority. I only care about features I'll actually use, and I care about those features working seamlessly. I don't even use half of the things my Galaxy Nexus can do, I would imagine, but that's okay.

Well not everyone cares about the number of features, just what the features are.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
And why are you? This is after all the iOS forum on Android Central. For myself, I have a Bionic and an iPad 2....

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

1. NO, THIS forum is for iOS devices running Android, and Android users who used to be iOS users
2. You guys have nothing better to do, so you join AC just to talk .

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Does that mean the Windows forum here is for windows phones running android?

LOL

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton