05-24-2010 08:01 PM
    It's a great time to be a smartphone buyer. So many choices and so many improvements.
    05-24-2010 08:18 PM
    Best quote of it all

"Left out of this zero-sum fanboy round-up is mention of Microsoft. Google is focused on beating Apple. Apple is focused on being Apple. No one is too bothered about Microsoft..."

Apple has become so comfortable with their sales and fan base that they don't know whats creeping up on them. They're updating their OS every year and by then its too late because Android is already 10 steps ahead. Google/Android is striving to be the best while Apple is complacent.

As for RIM, they should be thrown in this category too. While Microsoft has never been a huge player, it wasn't that long ago when Blackberry was sitting atop the OS platform hill. Just goes to show how much a disaster the Storm really was. One phone crushed the company and now they're a distant 3rd to whomever you'd like to place 1 & 2 (don't want to get into that argument).

I'll conclude with these 4 points:
    1. Google is destined to beat Apple
    2. Apple is content with where they're at
    3. RIM is busy trying to stay afloat/relevant
    4. Microsoft is dead in the water

And Palm...well...
    05-24-2010 09:25 PM
    I know the article is a few months old, but I still found this interesting, especially coming from an apple site:
    iPhone lessons from Google's Nexus One | Phones | iPhone Central | Macworld
    06-13-2010 12:24 AM
    Best quote of it all

"Left out of this zero-sum fanboy round-up is mention of Microsoft. Google is focused on beating Apple. Apple is focused on being Apple. No one is too bothered about Microsoft..."

Apple has become so comfortable with their sales and fan base that they don't know whats creeping up on them. They're updating their OS every year and by then its too late because Android is already 10 steps ahead. Google/Android is striving to be the best while Apple is complacent.

As for RIM, they should be thrown in this category too. While Microsoft has never been a huge player, it wasn't that long ago when Blackberry was sitting atop the OS platform hill. Just goes to show how much a disaster the Storm really was. One phone crushed the company and now they're a distant 3rd to whomever you'd like to place 1 & 2 (don't want to get into that argument).

I'll conclude with these 4 points:
    1. Google is destined to beat Apple
    2. Apple is content with where they're at
    3. RIM is busy trying to stay afloat/relevant
    4. Microsoft is dead in the water

And Palm...well...
    I wouldn't say apple is complacent. Apple is a VERY conservative company when it comes to major changes. They're actually a lot like Microsoft in that regard. When they have a product that continues to sell like gangbusters, they will NOT mess with the formula too greatly.

And from Apple's point of view Android, while a threat, is still a distant one. It is NOT a name that the average consumer knows, and it is not an OS that consumers are clamoring for yet. (and this is reflected in Android's marketshare) When Google fixes Android's major issues, Apple will start to play defense. Until then, Apple is content to play the game conservatively.
    06-13-2010 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD