New iPhone: A contender?

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Before everyone starts bashing me, I want to let you know that I was the first person on the EVO waitlist of a local third-party Sprint retailer and the local Radio Shack. Yes, I put myself down on both just in case something went wrong with one of the stores. That's how much I want this phone.

Also, I'd like to point out that if an anti-Apple protest were to ensue, I'd be the one holding the megaphone. That's how much I hate Apple and everything they stand.

BUT, with that said, the new iPhone is going to be announced this upcoming Monday. The fact that it's an Apple product, it's on crappy AT&T, and would cost me well over $50 a month to own are huge deal-breakers for me. Sure, a lot of the features that some of the rumors are talking about won't be seen until the Apple OS 4.0 update, but as a phone, what do you guys think? Will the next iPhone close the gap?

I haven't been a big fan of the design that was leaked but, but some of the features people are talking about do seem impressive. The higher-resolution display, the 80GB capacity, etc, etc, etc. I just hope the EVO outperforms speculations and doesn't let the iPhone steal its thunder.

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If we are purely taking into account the specs of the phone then it still wouldn't sway me away from the EVO simply because of the no 4G thing. I travel to Chi-town a lot and I am eager to be watching my DishTV through the Slingbox app that was shown on the front page last week, in a hotel.

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well this what I'm doing.

I'm with AT&T now and I'll pick up the evo on Friday at 6 am. I will not port my number till I know everything about the new iPhone. If it's better for me i will take the evo back if not I will port my number and keep the evo.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Like it or not, the iPhone will always be a contender. You can't just ignore the elephant in the room with fifty million installed users.

I'm a 3GS user and I'll be testing both the EVO and the new iPhone.

Last edited:

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the iphone although very nice, is only hurting itself by being in a contract with AT&T. Now that being said with the new pricing for data that is now or going to be in place. It is going to hurt sales of devices down the road. You will get the apple die hards but I think AT&T just shot themselves in the foot with this one. I could be wrong but I for see a lot of people leaving when they start going over thier data limits. Unless the Iphone has a completely different data package.

Mike Whooo

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Like it or not, the iPhone will always be a contender. You can't just ignore the elephant in the room with fifty million installed users.

I'm a 3GS user and I'll be testing both the EVO and the new iPhone.
im on the same page you are i currently got a 3gs and im getting the evo friday from bestbuy got my app at 9:30 lol so we will see

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Having played around with my EVO until now, one thing is for sure... the bar has been set pretty freaking high for them. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze