Take that iPhone fanboys!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just found this article as I was looking up how the Evo did yesterday - it's not some big fancy tech site, but more like an average blogger's opinion - which says a lot to me (the average person).

AT&T Data Plan Limits and the Sprint HTC Evo Give Apple Fanboys a Reason to Cry

My favorite line:

"It means the Apple iPhone no longer enjoys (or deserves) the smartphone crown for a couple of reasons. First, the hardware specs and OS capabilities of the Verizon Incredible and the Sprint Evo are clear indicators that the burgeoning Android platform is the way of the future. iPhone 4 you say? Before the Incredible I would have readily admitted the leaked iPhone 4 specs to be superior to the best Android phone at the time (Motorola Droid), but the newest iPhone will at best be an equal to what?s available now."

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that change is ridic! Basically a bait and switch since alot of iPad owners are going to get screwed for purchasing the 3G model, and also the new iPhone owners.

ATT says that old account holders can keep their unlimited data plan, but they also conveniently dont mention the fact that when you upgrade to the new iphone 4G, your account gets changed to the new and no unlimited data for you!

I told the ATT rep yesterday when I cancelled my plan early and told her that the reason was because of the data caps and I was going to the land of the free aka sprint.

Its hilarious that I paid 80 in ETF but i will make this money back within the first six months of having Evo service with Sprint.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
As much as I enjoy the Android platform don't believe this hype. It's pretty clear the person who wrote that article is simply a Android fanboy or simply clueless. Works both ways. Saying the next-gen iPhone is equal to current Android phones? Not a single mobile device has the resolution of 960x640... Love Apple or hate them the next iPhone will be killer.

Just found this article as I was looking up how the Evo did yesterday - it's not some big fancy tech site, but more like an average blogger's opinion - which says a lot to me (the average person).

AT&T Data Plan Limits and the Sprint HTC Evo Give Apple Fanboys a Reason to Cry

My favorite line:

"It means the Apple iPhone no longer enjoys (or deserves) the smartphone crown for a couple of reasons. First, the hardware specs and OS capabilities of the Verizon Incredible and the Sprint Evo are clear indicators that the burgeoning Android platform is the way of the future. iPhone 4 you say? Before the Incredible I would have readily admitted the leaked iPhone 4 specs to be superior to the best Android phone at the time (Motorola Droid), but the newest iPhone will at best be an equal to what’s available now."

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
As much as I enjoy the Android platform don't believe this hype. It's pretty clear the person who wrote that article is simply a Android fanboy or simply clueless. Works both ways. Saying the next-gen iPhone is equal to current Android phones? Not a single mobile device has the resolution of 960x640... Love Apple or hate them the next iPhone will be killer.

I'll be the first to admit that, although there are other things to consider than the screens' resolution. Will the camera be 8 megapixes (and, more importantly, be among the larger lens sizes for phones)? There are plenty other factors to consider. I think that, after you take it all away, they will be very evenly matched. BUT AT&T's service breaks it (for me, at least; I've heard very mixed reports about it that differ from my experience).

Still, it'll be interesting to see what/if Apple pioneers anything tomorrow; because if they do, Android will get it :D

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What I don't understand is that AT&T claims that 98% of users use under 2 GB of data, and they're targeting that other 2% with this new cap.

How do 1.8 million people out of 90 million customers cripple their entire network? At best that's decreasing the load by 2%, realistically less as I'm sure a lot of customers in that 2% will just keep doing what they're doing and pay for it.

Seems the only thing that will happen will be squeezing a few extra dollars from a handful of customers, but the network will be the same clogged up mess.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'll be the first to admit that, although there are other things to consider than the screens' resolution. Will the camera be 8 megapixes (and, more importantly, be among the larger lens sizes for phones)? There are plenty other factors to consider. I think that, after you take it all away, they will be very evenly matched. BUT AT&T's service breaks it (for me, at least; I've heard very mixed reports about it that differ from my experience).

Still, it'll be interesting to see what/if Apple pioneers anything tomorrow; because if they do, Android will get it :D

Look for a 5 megapixel camera with a larger lens yes. We all know megapixels don't mean everything so I think 5 will suffice as long as the lens quality is good. And I totally agree that the carrier means everything for each individual when shopping for a cell phone. For me AT&T is the best in the area but that does not work out for others. Will know the full details tomorrow. ;)

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
What I don't understand is that AT&T claims that 98% of users use under 2 GB of data, and they're targeting that other 2% with this new cap.

How do 1.8 million people out of 90 million customers cripple their entire network? At best that's decreasing the load by 2%, realistically less as I'm sure a lot of customers in that 2% will just keep doing what they're doing and pay for it.

Seems the only thing that will happen will be squeezing a few extra dollars from a handful of customers, but the network will be the same clogged up mess.

Verizon
HTC Incredible
Month One: 4.2 GB... That tier system would suck for me.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Well, have you seen the stats about how much data usage has gone up since the iPhone came out? And if I remember correctly, iPhone users are only 3% of AT&T's users yet use 40% of the company's smartphone data. With numbers like that, its no wonder their network buckled under their load.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech