iPhone 4 is official!

Plan on jumping ship to the new iPhone?

• Total voters

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
WiFi only, iPhone4 to iPhone4 only.

Not quite. You missed the part where Steve made it clear it was an open platform. If you want to develop an app for it, you could. (and there was no mention of mac compatibility, probably because it would give away features for a future update)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Once again, Steve Jobs' greedy decision to shackle his customers to the epic fail whale that is AT&T in exchange for kickbacks on the contract rake means that as nice as what he's offering may be in theory, you simply can't use it in the real world.
?

Or he's stuck in a contract with AT&T that expires in 2011 or 2012.

Keep in mind that NO ONE predicted Apple would announce a Verizon (or other carrier) today; all said it would come later.

RamminIt

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Truthfully I think it will hurt the EVO.
1) There are enough new features (supposedly over 100) that the Main Stream Media will push the phone.
2) Alot of people that own an iPhone have quite a bit of apps and accessories and don't want to invest in more apps and accessories or discard what they already have.
3) Lets face it, Apple has a very decent product. I mean, it has good build quality and it just works. It doesn't do everything but what it does do it does well.

Apples Achilles Heel is AT&T!!! Until they get out of that marriage they will not be able to do much more with their platform, ie. "Video Chat Over WiFi" is most likley a work around for the new capped data plans from AT&T.

I have never owned a iPhone (I refuse to use AT&T) but we have 2 iTouches and 3 iPods in the house and they just work. I am not an Apple fanboy but you have to give credit where credit is due.

I've had Palm, Samsung, Motorola, Black Berry and HTC phones and all are subpar. I am slated to get the EVO on Wednesday but the WiFi problems that are popping up have me worried. I'm probably going to go ahead and get it but if HTC is unable to fix the problem with this 1st gen EVO it will ruin my experience as it has with others on this forum. I just wish HTC could make their phones JUST WORK like Apple does and I wish Sprint could give us better choices of phones. If Sprint had the Incredible in their line up I would probably be leaning towards that.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the second option is what pisses me off most about stupid a$$ apple loyalists that dont actually know ish about technology but defend it to the death. Its LITERALLY just another device and in no way revolutionary

That screen is. Its probably the most exciting part about the new iPhone, because nothing on the market compares to it.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
That screen is. Its probably the most exciting part about the new iPhone, because nothing on the market compares to it.

nothing compares to it because so far its only "better" because jobs sas its better. I've seen comparison to the EVO lcd but none to an AMOLED screen which IMO looks better than an lcd as well. Theyve created a new screen for the sake f being different and not that it makes that big of a difference

not impressed. samsung screens FTW

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You know when I heard the specs for the Evo I was worried that the res would not be enough but man I have to say the Evo's screen is GREAT! All the text is crisp and clear even when I set it to the smallest option in programs. So I am unsure how much a difference this will make overall. I am not saying higher is not better but I am saying I am unsure that it is THAT great. Maybe it is just me i:Di

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You know when I heard the specs for the Evo I was worried that the res would not be enough but man I have to say the Evo's screen is GREAT! All the text is crisp and clear even when I set it to the smallest option in programs. So I am unsure how much a difference this will make overall. I am not saying higher is not better but I am saying I am unsure that it is THAT great. Maybe it is just me i:Di

Its just you. Every hands-on, even while critical of the lack of some other features, have said the screen blows everything out of the water.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
nothing compares to it because so far its only "better" because jobs sas its better. I've seen comparison to the EVO lcd but none to an AMOLED screen which IMO looks better than an lcd as well. Theyve created a new screen for the sake f being different and not that it makes that big of a difference

not impressed. samsung screens FTW

Look at the resolution. Then look at what an IPS display actually is. AMOLED is only better when it comes to power use, and even then, its not THAT much better. One thing that the IPS display will NOT suffer from is the horrible daylight visibility of AMOLED displays. (I have an N1, and its unusable in any sort of bright light)

Its pure ignorance to say that they created this screen 'for the sake of being different'.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I will admit that my home and office are Apple from top to bottom...however, as far as mobile phones, I need a company that is reliable and Verizon is top notch. This love affair between Apple and AT&T is disgusting and needs to end. Now, having said all that, I have fallen in love with Android UI and the customizability of it. Also the speed of this Incredible is amazing. I would like to see one if the iPhone 4 devices, but based on what I have seen, we should all be able to admit that it is pretty similar in appearance to the Incredible. The small touches of red on the Incredible give it a bit of flare, but the glass backing of the iPhone does as well. Sorry to ramble...just my thoughts.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
... and you obviously don't. Didn't you mom raise you to search the forums before posting a new thread? This exact poll has been posted at least twice already. ;)

F

fearmychickens

The new iPhone is nice but I like my Droid and never plan on leaving Verizon. If the iPhone comes to Verizon next year and I'm ready to upgrade, I'll consider it. I'm sure we'll have some nicer Android devices out by then as well.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
the second option is what pisses me off most about stupid a$$ apple loyalists that dont actually know ish about technology but defend it to the death. Its LITERALLY just another device and in no way revolutionary

this can be proven by the surprising # of sales for the Ipad....I mean...really? that is just a huge itouch....

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Just being real and calling it like it is

Actually the new iPhone is very impressive. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not calling it how it is. I own Android devices as well as Apple products and I can appreciate good tech when I see it. So bashing the OP for him wanting the new iPhone is really not warranted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC