Thinking about getting an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh but he did berate his employees to a horrible point. People use to "joke" but not joke, they had to sell their soul to work there. He cheated partners out of bonuses, he fired directors at company wide meetings in front of everyone.

He berated so many service people where he did business that it was no longer news. Yes he would praise his employees, but he would tear them down to nothing. People run business everyday without berating employees.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
Well you gotta admit, despite all that he still managed to run one of the most successful companies ever. He deserves almost none of the glory he's gotten but honestly despite what he did, his employees still decided to stay with Apple. Unless he was secretly blackmailing everyone there I doubt any of them were forced to work there. They took his crap and made the products letting him soak up all the glory. That's why Wozniak IMO was the smart one, he left as soon as he could and let Jobs run things.

So yes, he was a prick to his employees but they sucked it up and stayed there anyway.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well you gotta admit, despite all that he still managed to run one of the most successful companies ever. He deserves almost none of the glory he's gotten but honestly despite what he did, his employees still decided to stay with Apple. Unless he was secretly blackmailing everyone there I doubt any of them were forced to work there. They took his crap and made the products letting him soak up all the glory. That's why Wozniak IMO was the smart one, he left as soon as he could and let Jobs run things.

So yes, he was a prick to his employees but they sucked it up and stayed there anyway.

Oh course they stayed there, for a time they were part of "the new great thing" when the iPhone came out. Many of his employees had the vision that he lost long ago, that Woz still had. They would put up with just about anything to be a part of that. It didn't last long though, there hasn't been anything new and great out of Apple for years.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh course they stayed there, for a time they were part of "the new great thing" when the iPhone came out. Many of his employees had the vision that he lost long ago, that Woz still had. They would put up with just about anything to be a part of that. It didn't last long though, there hasn't been anything new and great out of Apple for years.

Exactly, so obviously they thought it was worth it and it worked for them so who are we to judge? It's their customers fault for making it seem like they were so revolutionary and now more and more people are being less narrow-minded and Apple is slowly declining. The fact that the company hasn't changed much since Jobs died shows that he wasn't the only part of that company that was less than saint-like.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, so obviously they thought it was worth it and it worked for them so who are we to judge? It's their customers fault for making it seem like they were so revolutionary and now more and more people are being less narrow-minded and Apple is slowly declining. The fact that the company hasn't changed much since Jobs died shows that he wasn't the only part of that company that was less than saint-like.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I don't judge then for deciding to work there, what I judge is how he choose to do business on all levels, so therefore, I choose not to do business with them because of Steve Jobs.

I also daresay they will continue to put one like him in charge, they think the jerk model is what works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki