Farmville = notification nightmare for new iPhone users

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I just feel like throwing this out there real quick :)

For those of you who use Facebook and have friends that unfortunately use Farmville, you know what a complete pain in the ass the huge clutter of junk becomes on your news feed. And for anyone who's ever used it, I'm sure you know what a notification nightmare it is (I have never touched it and never will. I'm going on what I've heard).

Now considering the fact that the iPhone is known for having the worst notification system of any smartphone platform out there due to it's lack of a notification bar, imagine what a nightmare in disguise the announcement of Farmville on the iPhone actually is. Imagine trying to read a blog and being interrupted every five seconds by a giant blue semi-transparent popup saying that your harvest is wilting (or whatever the hell it warns you about).

It would probably drive me insane.

On a side note, I'll pay anyone $100 who can come up with an application that has the ability to access anyone's farm and then bulldoze it down and turn it into a parking lot. And then have it notify them on their iPhone of a catastrophic event to their harvest every 15 seconds for a minimum of 30 days.

Happy 100th post to me.

Edit: I know that slightly recent app permission changes changed the massive clutter to walls. But that's beyond the point. lol

Last edited: