iPhone 4 vs. EVO/Incredible/X/Captivate discussion (Keep it civil!)

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
AT&T does have a crappy 3G coverage, everything else is OK. Sprint has a crappy coverage both their normal CDMA and EVDO.

Their coverage is fine, their network is not. They have way too much congestion.

Sprint has subpar coverage (Relative) and a nice empty network. All these conditions are subjective to where you live though.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
AT&T does have a crappy 3G coverage, everything else is OK. Sprint has a crappy coverage both their normal CDMA and EVDO.

Their coverage is fine, their network is not. They have way too much congestion.

Sprint has subpar coverage (Relative) and a nice empty network. All these conditions are subjective to where you live though.

I get excellent coverage and performance almost everywhere I use my phone. Better than Verizon in several places.

xdrive

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
iphone 4

Went to apple's store today to checkout the iphone 4. I must say, it's slick!! The build quality is solid. The evo build quality is nice, but comparing the two I must say iphone 4 wins. Another area the iphone 4 is a clear winner is that it is snappy-fast switching between the menu screens!!!!!!!

I can swipe between menus and it's just darn fast!!! When I tried doing that with my evo, it lags behind my finger.

As far as service, SPRINT wins hands down. The spotty service is what prevented me from getting the iphone.

The QUESTION is: What can we do to have a snappier phone???

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
I think it has to do with Touch Sensors on the Screen...

Apple has a billion of them as to where the EVO might have 3/4 a billion hence the delay behind the finger.

I believe that's the issue.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
@Richpjr:

I doubt two things:
1) Verizon iPhone.
2) Android users dumping their Incredibles, Droid X, for Apple if Verizon got an iPhone.

If Verizon got an iphone, AT&T iPhone users would Jump (only to find out Verizon couldn't handle the traffic either).

But Android users with late model phones would see nothing of interest to them on the iPhone.

Did you know that a well over 75% of iPhone 4 early adopters were upgraders? Its pretty much a closed ecosystem in that walled garden. The growth has pretty much petered out, and they are selling to their captive audience.

There is still a ton of growth to be had, how many people are still on crappy LG featurephones? That is what I had (along with an iPod Touch) before my Inc. I think that their growth on AT&T is pretty close to an end though. I would look to seeing the iPhone on TMO early next year.

Apple only releases new hardware once a year, new Android phones come out constantly on all the carriers. That is the biggest reason Android will win in terms of marketshare long-term.

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. I mean the EVO is pretty quick in my opinion. The only thing I would change is the fps limit and maybe a bit more GPU love, so I can't see anything that we can do as end users to quickly change whatever you are finding issue with. But the iphone 4 winning is just your opinion. "Snappiness" and build quality aren't the only metric and as far as I'm concerned the EVO isn't that far off in those areas. I would say if you liked it, you should try it out. From what I've read a lot of the issues with reception have been resolved. I'm tempted to try it myself, but I just refuse to deal with itunes in any form, online or on a desktop.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If you unlock the 30fps limit it helps a great deal. Htc neutered the evo out of the gate and it makes thee device lag.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
You have to wait for the update coming tomorrow from Sprint. It's supposed to address some issues. Also as soon as Froyo is released for Evo its game over for the new iPhone. Everything I've heard about the Android 2.2 is all about better performance with the phone, browser, and battery life. Just be patient and wait like the rest of us.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't knw my friend got the iPhone n after he download it some movies, music, etc he even felt it wasn't as fast as when he tried it at Tue store n when compared it his the opposite fr u he wishes he would've switch to the EVO cause he finds flaws he don't like so I think that once ppl get their phones they always look outside of themselves bcause of what they read or hear...so honestly I think they're bother great phones but for me fr what I saw with the iPhone I didn't find it more snappy than my EVO so I knw I made the right choice with the EVO

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Went to apple's store today to checkout the iphone 4.

iPhone 4? Hmm. I thought it was a new iPod touch that just came out with all of that hoopla last week. Between AT&T's dropped calls and the hardware issues on the device I didn't realize you could actually place calls with the thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12