06-28-2010 05:44 PM
198 123 ...
tools
    Hey Droid fanatics,

I'm a student at the University of Washington and I'm doing a little iPhone vs. Droid market research and I could totally use some more respondents to get some good data.

If you have an opinion on these phones, feel free to try and express yourself!!

uwbbusiness.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_01wpspxptA5kazy

Qualtrics is an online market research tool, its legit if u google it! I dunno if I'm allowed to post links on a new account but its for school :o

Thanks yoz,
    J
    05-27-2010 01:32 AM
    Just to be picky, you call it Google's Droid operating system but it's just called Android. I took it, it had some good questions and made sense.
    05-27-2010 12:57 PM
    Took it, felt like I answered it fairly.
    05-27-2010 02:19 PM
    i would like to see the results when you're done
    05-27-2010 02:20 PM
    Just took it as well..
    Be interested in seeing results as well.
    05-27-2010 03:25 PM
    took your survey and agree. Would love to see the results.

Also fixed your link
    05-27-2010 03:36 PM
    Hey thanks everyone for taking the survey and we can TOTALLY use more responses!

Also, this paper is due next Thursday so once we have our final report I'll make sure and post a link to our repot, full with graphs and inferences! Hope this works lol

Jerred
    05-27-2010 08:54 PM
    Just took the survey. Very fair questions. Good luck with your paper.
    05-27-2010 09:09 PM
    Just took your survey. Good luck!
    05-31-2010 09:51 AM
    took the survey for you and i have a couple thoughts.

1. simply posting this on various online discussion forums is going to produce an outcome that is FAR from remaining free of statistical bias. your teacher very well could hold this against you.

2. some of the questions were quite unfair to both iPhone and the android platform. for instance the iPhone is a device, and android is an operating system that encompasses many devices.

i'm not trying to knock you, but if your teacher is worth their salt they will see these errors (assuming you report how you conducted your research) and bring them to your attention as well. best of luck with the paper though and let us know how the final version turns out.
    05-31-2010 10:08 PM
    i took it.
    06-01-2010 08:00 AM
    Check out this article over on Gizmodo...

Pretty cut and dry here...

iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

Unbelievable that this phone was released with this issue...and really no way to resolve it unless you cover the antenna sides up...

Makes me even happier with my DINC
    06-23-2010 07:11 PM
    Holy crap!! That is huge!!

The evidence there is pretty convincing...The line about Apple selling the bumper because this is a known issue is amazing.

If this is real...shame on you Apple.
    06-23-2010 07:18 PM
    06-23-2010 07:22 PM
    Sorry, I don't mean to laugh at other people's problems, but (and I own all Apple computers) I still can't stand the smug, condescending attitude that Jobs displays at those keynotes and in any interview he does...
    06-23-2010 07:26 PM
    I'm no iPhone fan but, in terms of the reception thing, they demonstrated that a call doesn't drop if you're on it when reception drops.

It's probably a software issue like the bars displaying better on the Incredible/EVO.

I'm not sure if it goes down to "Searching..." if you can make a call or not. I didn't see that example anywhere I suspect it'll be fixed with a software update.

Just playing devil's advocate.
    06-23-2010 07:27 PM
    rofl
    06-23-2010 07:33 PM
    Yeah just saying, I feel for all those people camping on the streets to get there phone tomorrow and then they are going to start seeing all these things after they get past the initial

"OMG I must have it phase."

I waited and did not order my DINC until 5/29 did not get it until 3 weeks later, but you know what?

I KNOW I got a great product, and I would rather be the LAST to get a fantastic product and NOT be the first to get a mediocre product.
    06-23-2010 07:47 PM
    I predict a substantial rush of iPhone users adopting Andorid in the near future.

There are a huge list of problems in the new iPhone 4

Signal collapses when you hold it in the most natural way
    Yellow color totally missing from many handsets
    Running HOT,
    Scratching back case cover,
    Activation failures,
    Loss of Data connection using iOS4 on 3Gs phones
    Very slow 3G data, almost approaching EDGE speeds.
    iOS4 a total bust on iphone 3G. Don't even go there. SLOOOW.
    9 hour upgraded for 3Gs phones in some cases

The whole iPhone 4 launch seems to have been botched by Apple standards.

People still using iPhones 3G will probably abandon them en mass and move to
    any number of the recent Android releases, even the ones offered by AT&T.
    06-23-2010 07:49 PM
    LOL. I am gonna have a field day with the itards tomorrow!
    06-23-2010 07:52 PM
    Won't happen. They have the most loyal fan base ever. Look Jobs has convinced them that flash is garbage and half of them even think AT&T is better than Verizon, even while they drop calls. Jobs will shovel them more BS and they will still line up and sell millions of iPhones.
    06-23-2010 07:55 PM
    Loyal fan base? Hardly. I've convinced most of my friends(who are true apple nerds) to switch to Android. Most people buy the phone because of the "prettiness" of it. Most people dislike the way the OS is handled.
    06-23-2010 08:04 PM
    I do think the OP has a point.
    Sure, rule out the fanbase. There's still a good number who were just getting it because it's 'too cool'. There's also those on the fence for Android or iPhone and will now go Android.
    06-23-2010 08:10 PM
    You guys are both right.

About a third are under 18, and total koolaid drinking fanboys.
    Another third have never seen another phone.
    And the final third would trade in a moment if they had the money and could get out of their contract.

TiPb blog and forum has over the last 8 months become flooded with dissatisfied iPhone users, usually shouted down by kids who think Jobs IS God.

But iphone nation is fracturing visibly.
    06-23-2010 08:10 PM
    There's a lot of things I'll tolerate with a pda/phone. Even instability. But, bad reception is the reason I've stayed away from certain 'cool' smartphones. I'm still using my Gsm Treo Pro - Amazing reception.
    In these forums posters are saying the Nexus is great on At&t.
    And now the Aria is said to have great reception.
    I say so what it can do all these cool things - I need a Phone!
    06-23-2010 08:17 PM
198 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD