Who's more annoying: Android or iPhone fanboys?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
IPhone fanboys, even when the iPhone4 has major problems they still think that's its gods gift. Lol its cool cuz my evo has done plenty for me.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
We are all the same, we love our products and stand by them, but we do not come close to these iPhone fan boys, they are just plain stupid, they think iPhone = Holy Grail.
They even carry the phone with certain swagger, and now they have to hold a cerain way also. And nothing seems to phase them, they still make excuses for iPhone, if this happened to EVO or any other new product from Android they be all over us with bats. But Android users would not make any excuses for Android, and that is the biggest difference between us.

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Fanboys of all types are annoying as hell. Each platform has its own unique merits and flaws. Use whatever you like and works for you. Brand loyalty for the sake of a brand is stupid.

In the past two years I went from WinMo to WebOS, and then to Android. I like both WebOS and Android, but switched over to the Hero and then the Evo because nothing was happening hardware-wise on Palm's side. If Palm comes out with killer hardware next year, I'll switch back. And when the next Android superphone comes out, I'll switch again.

I also own an iPod Touch and an iPad, and like certain things about iOS as well. Screw being a fanboy, just use what you like.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
When you ignore fact and reason, your annoying. In the same breath, blind faith and loyalty is equally irritating.
What I don't understand is why, if you don't have stock in either platform, does one spend so much time and energy trying to convince someone, that the platform they use is better?
Live and let live.

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
The interesting thing is that it's not as simple as "Android vs. iPhone" anymore. Incredible owners bash EVO owners, EVO owners bash potential Droid X or Epic 4G owners. The bottom line is that human beings use emotions (whether they realize it or not) to help them make just about every decision in their day to day lives. Deciding what phone to buy is no different. So now you have this subconscious emotional attachment to the phone. What happens when someone or something conflicts with that attachment? Irrational emotional response of course!

IMHO opinion fanboys are annoying, but not such a bad thing. If there weren't fanboys, then that'd mean we were all cold calculating logic driven beings (much more likely to be serial killers as well :p ).

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
When you ignore fact and reason, your annoying. In the same breath, blind faith and loyalty is equally irritating.
What I don't understand is why, if you don't have stock in either platform, does one spend so much time and energy trying to convince someone, that the platform they use is better?
Live and let live.

Amen.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If there weren't fanboys, then that'd mean we were all cold calculating logic driven beings (much more likely to be serial killers as well :p ).

Or Vulcans
vulcan479.gif

:D

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
iphone = Holy Grail.
They even carry the phone with certain swagger, and now they have to hold a cerain way also. And nothing seems to phase them, they still make excuses for iPhone.

Yes I have witnessed one with the swagger. I was in a restaurant and pulled out my EVO, checking email. This guy adjacent to me then whipped out his iphone 4 and started fooling with it. He then looked me up and down and continued playing with his phone. After the initial look, it was as if my EVO and myself were dog poop to him. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed