Predicting the Future: Duopoly between Android and Apple or A Demise of Apple's iOS?

JayChouHD

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
As I own some shares in both Google and Apple stocks, I have been noticing that my gains from owning Google shares has been wiped out because of the poor performance in the Apple stock. Basically, before the launch of the iPhone 5 where Apple finally managed to (at least temporarily) stop the bleeding, Apple continued losing market share to Android globally. I have been seriously thinking whether to take some profits off the table for Google and adding it to my Apple holdings, or completely get rid of my Apple stocks. My question is this, do you think that Apple can continue maintain its relevance in the smartphone industry in the future? Or will Apple's iPhone be losing so badly to Google's Android platforms?

I would not be worried if Apple is only facing stiff competition from Samsung, but it seems that Google and HTC are also getting more and more aggressive at selling smartphones as well with their Nexus and HTC One line-ups. I know this may not be the best place to get unbiased opinions, but I would just like to hear your thoughts and decide for myself whether it is a rationale argument or not.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
As I own some shares in both Google and Apple stocks, I have been noticing that my gains from owning Google shares has been wiped out because of the poor performance in the Apple stock. Basically, before the launch of the iPhone 5 where Apple finally managed to (at least temporarily) stop the bleeding, Apple continued losing market share to Android globally. I have been seriously thinking whether to take some profits off the table for Google and adding it to my Apple holdings, or completely get rid of my Apple stocks. My question is this, do you think that Apple can continue maintain its relevance in the smartphone industry in the future? Or will Apple's iPhone be losing so badly to Google's Android platforms?

I would not be worried if Apple is only facing stiff competition from Samsung, but it seems that Google and HTC are also getting more and more aggressive at selling smartphones as well with their Nexus and HTC One line-ups. I know this may not be the best place to get unbiased opinions, but I would just like to hear your thoughts and decide for myself whether it is a rationale argument or not.

I am in the same boat. I too have stock in both and have been depressed looking over the apple stock.
I dont think apple is going anywhere... they are a good (money making) company (not morally in my opinion)
I think they will fall and eventually find there comfort nitch of consumers on there only little island. But There are many die-hard apple fans that will never go away. Not to mention the almost total monopoly they have over the MP3 buisness with the Ipod.

I think overall Google will be the winner and stay the winner. They are just too big and smart with innovation at there fingertips... and apple does not have the same resources and will eventually begin to fall further behind. Apple was better with steve jobs because of his innovation push that he had... which has disappeared (look at the styling of the Iphone 5 compared to the 4) nothing new

If apple doesnt find something new soon... they will begin to become overwhelmed. I noticed them slipping over a year ago.
Even though I lean more towards google as a favorite brand. The last thing I want to see is companies failing... apple pushes google and google pushes apple.
The only difference is Google doesnt need the push. So we shall see

I personally think we will know a lot more on this by the end of the year. With the nexus 5 and Iphone 5s

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Keep them, there will be a massive rebound this year.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
And u are sure if that because...?

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4
Well not amssive, massive. But big because iOS 7 is getting a major revamp and revamps help stock prices.

Not that apple is losing money or anything. They are still a very profitable company and are no where doomed.

Tbh I don't even know why all of you want Apple to die because without compitition Google wouldn't bother

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Over time it definitely will. I give it 5-7 years max

Yeah its not. There is a higher likelihood of Google being broken up by regulators than of iOS going anywhere. (Which is to say, slim to none at all)

Keep in mind that iOS hasn't changed too drastically in 6 years on the market, and it has a relatively huge overhaul coming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah its not. There is a higher likelihood of Google being broken up by regulators than of iOS going anywhere. (Which is to say, slim to none at all)

Keep in mind that iOS hasn't changed too drastically in 6 years on the market, and it has a relatively huge overhaul coming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I love you man. One of my favourite users of these forums.

Posted via Android Central App

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Well not amssive, massive. But big because iOS 7 is getting a major revamp and revamps help stock prices.

Not that apple is losing money or anything. They are still a very profitable company and are no where doomed.

Tbh I don't even know why all of you want Apple to die because without compitition Google wouldn't bother

"all of you"? Don't need to group everyone in that because I want apple around because of what you stated.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Humble apologies then. it seemed from your post you were expecting apple to die out.

Posted via Android Central App

If ios continues in the direction it is I really think it will BUT I personally still love the iphone. Guess I'm not ur typical fanboy.