iPhone VZW??? Not looking good...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am really tired of typing. It's like I am talking to Steve Jobs himself here. Just curious, did you sign up on Android Central just to "educate" all of us here and spread the gospel of Apple?

GrenadeZ

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Verizon wont be cdma in 2011 why the hell would they be ramping up cdma production? lol VZW will be LTE which I think we be a much easier transition for apple IF it were coming

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It is coming. I think I read somewhere where someone made an official announcement.

No official announcement has been made. It would literally be everywhere if one had been made.

As for the discussion about Iphone vs Android vs WP7 vs whatever. There are many people who just don't want an iphone. I have never owned one, never had a desire to own one, never tried to talk my friends of family into owning one. When I made the transition from non-smartphone to a smartphone I looked around and made a decision based on my carrier and what had what I was looking for. Does the iphone have all the stuff my Epic has, sure, but it isn't what I wanted, so I stayed with Sprint and got an Epic. My wife (who is on AT&T) had a Razr and was ready to enter the smartphone market, we went to the AT&T store, she tried the Android phones, the iphone, the Blackberries and chose the Torch. So plain and simple, just because the iPhone is a pretty good phone, not everyone wants one. If Sprint were to ever get it, I won't. 1: I can't stand ITunes. 2: I enjoy having options with my phone. Just because I have the same OS, I don't want my phone to look like everyone elses. How boring would pc's and laptops be if they all looked 100% the same? These are not the only things that make me not want an Iphone, but plain and simple, I likely will never own one.

Note: I do give Apple credit for not giving in and letting the carriers provide their own bloatware on the phone though.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon wont be cdma in 2011 why the hell would they be ramping up cdma production? lol VZW will be LTE which I think we be a much easier transition for apple IF it were coming

This is a common misconception I see around different forums. It's just like when 3G first came about, people were saying they won't make 2G-enabled phones anymore because all the carriers are switching to 3G. But if you notice, virtually every new phone can still connect to 2G, which is important because sometimes you can't get a 3G signal in certain areas.

Also remember that the iPhone has been "behind the times" in this regard before - they released a 2G iPhone when 3G was already available. If it isn't proven to work and work well (like 3G at the time and Adobe flash now), Apple tends to proceed very cautiously.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed on many things, including no bloatware from apple.

I too am of the opinion of everyone having the same phone as being boring, I find it really funny every year as the Apple faithful gather with feverish anticipation as their cult leader appears, shows everyone how great they have been doing, and then presents to them the next iteration of the same phone he expects them to spend their money on.

I do watch the iPhone keynote every year too, and after it's all said and done I land up saying the same line....that's it? That's all that's new? Who's gonna buy that? 2 weeks later, the mindless herd of sheep start lining up at Apple and AT&T stores nation/world wide. It's really become like a cults anual meeting.