Apple's theft goes mainstream

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah no. I don't subscribe to Samsung being solely defensive. Their own LAWYER called them corrupt. And I say that as a platform agnostic. Just the fact that terms like Apple People and Samsung People are being used it a perfect example of how silly it all is.

Just use a cell phone. Or don't. It's not a holy war.
When you act like an [inappropriate language removed by moderators] you have to expect criticism. Thats what Apple is learning. And expressing an opinion on a forum is not necessarily a holy war.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
. And expressing an opinion on a forum is not necessarily a holy war.

What the hell else are we going to talk about, canasta?

Apple just had their huge development conference where they crapped on Android and then copied its features in the same breath. Of course we are going to discuss it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The irony to all this is if the roles are reversed then Apple would [inappropriate language removed by moderators] suing Google. One thing Apple is better than anyone else is misleading people.

I told my brother using an iPhone5 about the new features, and he said "that's good so I don't have to go back to Android." He previously had an S3 and no doubt Touchwiz ruined the experience for him. I hate to admit it, but he have a point. I have seen several people I know whose Android experience is ruined by Touchwiz.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Because Apple is in the habit of suing anything that moves and accusing everyone of stealing from them. And Apple's fans make countless excuses for them.

If Google was constantly suing Apple over trivial or stupid stuff, you'd probably see a lot more Android bashing over there.

I have no loyalty to a company over another, I prefer products over others. If Google wants to sue Apple they should go for it, I don't give a [inappropriate language removed by moderators]. If Ford wants to sue Chevy, no one cares, only people with no life care about these things.

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, after YEARS of denial by fans, it is now obvious to everyone that Apple steals.

Great artists steal: The iOS 8 features inspired by Android

Stealing is not why Apple is bad though. Hypocrisy is why Apple is bad. All these years, countless lawsuits (and over really trivial things, like icons and button placement and the shape of the phone), and it has come to this. Apple shamelessly rips off Android. And they have now done it in a way that even the most diehard fanboys will not be able to deny.

Can't say that I really blame them. Apple users have obviously envied these features for a long time and if Apple did not deliver them, they risked a mass exodus of their users. But it just makes them look like such hypocrites. I wonder what Steve Jobs would have said?

View attachment 121491

With the exception of the reply options, yes, Android has had these features for a while. Apple couldn't ignore these types of things though, so they had to add them. I will say that they shouldn't have been without them in the first place, apart from *maybe* keyboards as they are billing themselves as secure, and technically 3rd party keyboards *could* be sending info back. I don't think that they should've made these features tent poles as they call them, as they're just catch up, not new.

Android has "reply" in notifications, but when I press it, it opens the other app. Apple's keeps you in the app. What they really took from is ByteSMS, which is a jailbreak app.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have no loyalty to a company over another, I prefer products over others. If Google wants to sue Apple they should go for it, I don't give a [inappropriate language removed by moderators]. If Ford wants to sue Chevy, no one cares, only people with no life care about these things.
This has nothing to do with loyalty. Apple are hypocrites whether or not you like their products. They themselves are doing things that they complain (loudly) about other companies doing to them.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
With the exception of the reply options, yes, Android has had these features for a while. Apple couldn't ignore these types of things though, so they had to add them.

"Yes, the iPhone has had a rounded rectangle design for a while. This is a design feature Samsung could not ignore, so they had to add it."

"Yes Apple has had an icon grid for a while...this is a feature Samsung could not ignore, so they had to add it."

"Yes Apple had slide to unlock, this is a design feature Samsung could not ignore."

Sound familiar? Why were those things worth a lawsuit, but this stuff is not?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Guys we're hitting the language filter WAY too often in this thread. Let's calm it down a little and remember that we want to make civil and productive comments.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a trend here. Any thread that has anything to do with iOS has been locked or is on the verge of being locked because a few members had been causing them to degenerate really fast. This is what those trolls are attempting to achieve. Here's an idea, how about we temp ban those trolls instead of locking the threads. It doesn't look like the mods see this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital