iphone coming to vzw soon?!

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I just came back from a vzw reseller today and I overheard a conversation about someone trying to upgrade to a droid incredible, and the sales rep told her that the iphone will be released soon, so she may want to hold off..

has anyone heard about this?
I see the ipad is avail, I would the think the iphone would be too come , maybe the holidays..

would you leave your x or incredible for an iphone??

I love my x, love the screen and what not..I doubt I would..but I wish the apps and sw was more mature as it is on the iphone...that will come with time tho..

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
It's been announced that it is coming a few weeks ago. With the drop of the iPad is it only a matter of time. AT&T has also released pre conferences stating what they are going to do when it happens because pretty much the iPhone is the only thing keeping them afloat. I for one love my X but i will go to the iPhone. I love Apple.

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if I could give up my large x screen for the iphone..yet the apps on the iphone and the games are pretty dam sweet...

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
AT&T is going to take a huge hit from this. Lots of people will be leaving to come to verizon. I know android will take a hit too but i'm not leaving.

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I honestly think this could put ATT under. Their press release was like well... we have 5 new android phones coming out this year and we will just make sure our employees sell them... I was thinking to myself... Verizon has what? 8 come out each year?

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Eh. I just got my X... what? 3 months ago?. When that contract is up sometime in Spring 2012, I'll get the best phone on Verizon at that time. Until then, whoop-de-doo.

I wanted an iPhone for a while, and when I had my BlackBerry I always said I'd pay the ETF in a heartbeat for an iPhone on Verizon. You know what happened a month after I started my last BB contract? Droiiiiid. If the VZ iPhone is as awesome as it COULD be, then yup. I'll get it. A tight-fisted developer on a tight-fisted network could just be a disaster. But I also can't see Apple allowing Verizon to set Bing as the default iPhone search tool, so we'll see.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Eh. I just got my X... what? 3 months ago?. When that contract is up sometime in Spring 2012, I'll get the best phone on Verizon at that time. Until then, whoop-de-doo.

I wanted an iPhone for a while, and when I had my BlackBerry I always said I'd pay the ETF in a heartbeat for an iPhone on Verizon. You know what happened a month after I started my last BB contract? Droiiiiid. If the VZ iPhone is as awesome as it COULD be, then yup. I'll get it. A tight-fisted developer on a tight-fisted network could just be a disaster. But I also can't see Apple allowing Verizon to set Bing as the default iPhone search tool, so we'll see.

No need to wait till 2012. If your the primary line you can upgrade after a year if you want. Get the 2 year pricing and only pay a small fee like $20. Comes in handy with this phones coming out as fast as they do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow i said this same statement a month or two ago and many swore it was a rumor when i received my info from the news. I asked this exact same question. Lol told you guys VZ was getting the iphone. No I would not give up my Droid!!!

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
iPad being on Verizon has nothing to do with a future Verizon iPhone. The only iPad "released" on VZW is wifi only. You don't need a carrier for wifi..... what VZW is doing is trying to sell you an iPad bundled with their MIFI service. There's no GSM iPad or iPhone to date.

**Bahh** Got my networks confused. I meant to say there's no CDMA iPads or iPhones available to date (i.e. a VZW iPad or iPhone) Thanks for correcting me.

Last edited:

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Get the 2 year pricing and only pay a small fee like $20. Comes in handy with this phones coming out as fast as they do.

Still means I'm paying "full" price for a phone, every year instead of every two. Personally, I would rather put the money toward a vacation. Unless my x suddenly becomes obsolete, no way. But I didn't know about this option, so thanks :)

My sources are saying March 2011 at the earliest.

I've heard something similar for the supposed white iPhone. It just got delayed until spring. In summer, it will be delayed again. June rolls around, and BAM iPhone 5. They will have an even bigger market.

iPad being on Verizon has nothing to do with a future Verizon iPhone.
Yes and no. I think it's a trial run for apple and vz. With the mifi it is, essentially, an iPad running on Verizon's data network. They are testing their capability to handle the anticipated data load. I don't think it's a great way to do so, but I do think that is part of the intent.

There's no GSM iPad or iPhone to date

Swing and a miss ;)

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would want an iphone. The numbers clearly show android taking over the phone world in the next few years. Here's how I see the breakdown:

RIM - not going away, but driven completely by whatever the fortune 500 CEO's tell them to do. This is RIM's market...selling huge contracts to big companies. Those big companies don't want their employees distracted from their job with a fun phone. The CEO's also want their employees phones to run for days off of a single battery charge so they are not stuck in the field with a dead phone. RIM's low level architecture will never compromise that battery management by letting the phone do things as quickly as an android device. So you end up with a very functional, but boring and forever stale phone.

Apple - driven completely by what Steve Jobs wants and whatever way he can think of to make the most money for Steve Jobs. This is a dying strategy. Jobs maintains far too strict of control over the apps that can run on an iphone as well as what access those apps have to the OS, thereby limiting the applications functionality. It's potential for growth is limited by the head that controls the company.

Google - driven by what the people (all of us individuals) want, and for the most part, given to us for free. They've figured out ways to get features to the users for free and let others (big companies) pay for it through advertising. Developers love this platform for it's openness and are abandoning iphone like a plague.

Why would anyone want an iphone?

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Are u sure about that? lol

(I'm wrong, since AT&T is GSM, and VZW is CDMA. But my point still stands.)However im not saying there wont be in the future. My point above is since the ipad offered by Verizon is wifi only it isn't really a VZW ipad. Therefore to assume a VZW iphone is tied in with it is illogical. But again I do think we will see an iphone on VZW just not soon.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I would rather put the money toward a vacation. Unless my x suddenly becomes obsolete, no way.

I agree 100%! I always crack up when I read people's posts and they talk about how they switched from a Droid to a Droid Incredible to a Droid X to a Droid 2 to a Fascinate and are now eyeing a HTC Merge, or whatever else.

I had been waiting to get an Android phone for a while & keeping an eye on Android Central & Phandroid until I saw the right device for me. I thought it was the Droid X & still do. I am sure I still will in 19 months when I can upgrade again. By that time the phones will be light years ahead of even where they are now. (Dual core processors, LTE, FFC's on all makes/models, etc.) I don't need every single model between now and then because I have more important things to spend $ on.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Are u sure about that? lol

Thanks bud you're right. I got my networks confused. AT&T being on a GSM network means there definately is GSM iPhones and iPads on their 3G network. What i mean is since Verizon is a CDMA network, the iPad offered "through verizon" is really just a wifi version, and shouldn't have anything to do with an iPhone release. (I do believe it's coming, but to say since they have an iPad then the iPhone is coming soon doesn't make sense.)

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
All iphones are gsm... they run on att tmobile and other gsm networks. 3G ipads are gsm for the seam reason.

Thanks for the correction. But my point still stands, that being there is no iPad that works on CDMA (Verizon's network) without using their MiFi.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes and no. I think it's a trial run for apple and vz. With the mifi it is, essentially, an iPad running on Verizon's data network. They are testing their capability to handle the anticipated data load. I don't think it's a great way to do so, but I do think that is part of the intent.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

This is a stretch don't you think? But regardless, since the iPad offered by VZW doesn't have a CDMA radio in it, then saying the iPhone is coming soon to Verizon because they already have the iPad is kind of silly. Since the iPad they're offering is the Wifi version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie