I currently have a Galaxy S3, my mom has a Galaxy S4, and my dad has a Galaxy S5. But I want to switch to an iPhone. Should I switch to the iPhone 5s? Or iPhone 6. Not the 6+, because of the bending.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-02-2014 08:50 PM
    Not the 6+, because of the bending.

Oh gawd. <face palm>
    TomsAndroid and Smply_Rckless like this.
    10-02-2014 09:03 PM
    Well that depends on if you want a smaller screen size (4 inches) or a bigger screen (4.7 inches)
    They both will run very smoothly on iOS 8, and have fingerprint scanners and metal. It also depends on which design you like better, and if cost is a factor.

May I ask why you want to switch to iOS over android?

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5
    10-02-2014 10:02 PM
    Oh gawd. <face palm>
    Agreed oh man. The bending isn't a huge problem like people are making it out to be.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-02-2014 11:17 PM
    I currently have a Galaxy S3, my mom has a Galaxy S4, and my dad has a Galaxy S5. But I want to switch to an iPhone. Should I switch to the iPhone 5s? Or iPhone 6. Not the 6+, because of the bending.

We can't decide if you prefer a 4" screen or a 4.7" screen; you need to make that call.

Also, FYI according to Consumer Reports the iPhone 6 bends with less force than then iPhone 6+. You might want to go with the iPhone 5s if you are concerned with bending.
    10-03-2014 07:39 AM
    Agreed oh man. The bending isn't a huge problem like people are making it out to be.
    Check out the liquid nitrogen test on YouTube lol

Posted via Android Central App
    10-03-2014 11:58 AM
    We can't decide if you prefer a 4" screen or a 4.7" screen; you need to make that call.

Also, FYI according to Consumer Reports the iPhone 6 bends with less force than then iPhone 6+. You might want to go with the iPhone 5s if you are concerned with bending.
    Found out there was an issue with bending on the iPhone 5 too, I don't think the 5S had this issue.

10-04-2014 10:59 AM
    You know the bending thing is blown out of proportion when fans of Android, on an Android specific forum, are giving you facepalms.

Here's a tip to not bend your phone. Ready for it? It's a doozy...

Don't grab your phone from both ends and apply all the force you can muster to the middle while pulling down equally hard on the previously mentioned ends.

I don't care that the Note 3, or any other phone for that matter, survived the same "test". You shouldn't do that and I don't know what in the world would make anyone try. That isn't a "test" of anything a sane person would do in their day to day, phone using lives. I also don't believe that the phone is bending in pockets under normal situations.

When the YouTube videos of people bending their iPhone 6 Pluses using just their pocket show up, I will take back everything I said. Until then, it's a load of blown out of proportion garbage in my opinion and I'm typing said opinion using my Galaxy S5, just to add some context.

TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-04-2014 02:39 PM
    IPhone 5s.

(Comparatively) its on eBay for peanuts. Vs iPhone 6. Your op shows screen size isn't an issue.

The iPhone 6 is just a larger refinement of the 5s. Get the 5s, save $$$$$$ see how you like IOS and then change as you feel.
    10-04-2014 02:58 PM
    +1 .. totally agree
    10-04-2014 03:06 PM
    Okay, thank you all. I'm thinking of getting the 5S. And I only want to switch to iOS for a phone, I still have an android tablet (Nexus 7 2012) but will be getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S when I get the money.

10-06-2014 01:12 PM
    The 5S is indeed a great iOS phone, but that 4" screen would be a big no-go for me
    10-06-2014 04:43 PM
    From what I've been reading, according to Consumer Reports testing, the HTC 1 M8 bends easier than an iPhone 6. And the iPhone 6 bends easier than the iPhone 6+. So there you go, just don't sit on your smart phone, not a good idea *smile*.

I couldn't get myself to buy an iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s due to the lack of features, especially the display size. At that time, I felt that Android had passed iOS in features, and the iPhone 5 was a non-starter for me. I had an iPhone 4, and my Verizon phone upgrade came up, and the iPhone 5 came out with that mini-screen, and the feature set of the past, I went to the Samsung S3 as my next phone instead of the iPhone 5. Although iOS 8 has improved that a bit. I still can't see using a phone with a screen that small anymore.

That's just me though, some people think that the iPhone 5/s is just the perfect size.
    10-08-2014 05:13 PM
    From what I've been reading, according to Consumer Reports testing, the HTC 1 M8 bends easier than an iPhone 6. And the iPhone 6 bends easier than the iPhone 6+. So there you go, just don't sit on your smart phone, not a good idea *smile*.

I couldn't get myself to buy an iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s due to the lack of features, especially the display size. At that time, I felt that Android had passed iOS in features, and the iPhone 5 was a non-starter for me. I had an iPhone 4, and my Verizon phone upgrade came up, and the iPhone 5 came out with that mini-screen, and the feature set of the past, I went to the Samsung S3 as my next phone instead of the iPhone 5. Although iOS 8 has improved that a bit. I still can't see using a phone with a screen that small anymore.

That's just me though, some people think that the iPhone 5/s is just the perfect size.
    The iPhone 6 and 6+ are pretty big if you ask me..

10-08-2014 05:32 PM
    iPhone 5s is better than iPhone 6.
    12-05-2014 02:44 AM
    The bending issue gets me at first, but base on my observation, most people cracked their screen or edges in their first week without any cases or protection. Then i realized I will probably putting a case on it as soon as i gets it, and the rest is history.
    01-23-2015 01:58 AM

The iPhone 6 and 6+ are pretty big if you ask me
    06-18-2015 02:13 PM
    go with 6 for sure, you will never regret for the following few reasons:
    1. better processor
    2. bigger ram
    3. bigger screen (4.7 inch is same as s3 and s4, you will regret if you get 5s because the keyboard is too small)
    4. only $100 or so price difference
    09-01-2015 08:28 PM
    I like 5S because the 5S is indeed a great iOS phone
    09-03-2015 01:01 AM