09-09-2015 01:43 AM
39 12
tools
    See if this was I more or MR, I'd have been trolled to death and perma banned for annoying the regulars lol.

This is why I like AC. It seems to be much more mature and sensible!
    I'm rather curious. I find the opposite to be true. I've seen on AC for more trolls, also if you avoid the iPhone section on MR (LOL) its rather civilized.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-11-2014 04:35 AM
    Well I'm new here so perhaps I may form the same opinion over time!
    10-11-2014 05:08 AM
    Well I'm new here so perhaps I may form the same opinion over time!
    Been here for a year or so, and I've seen my fair share of trolling!

10-11-2014 02:36 PM
    I have to say that I don't get the argument for IOS being either elegant or simple. Visually it is IMHO horrific. Awful colours, fonts, shading etc. Operations wise, hacking at the screen trying to get back, or to a sub menu or option doesn't do it for me either.

And app superiority baffles me as well, but I'll admit I don't use many apps.

Side by side, using the core apps of the OS, I find Android (KitKat specifically) more appealing, usable and professional than IOS.

I'd be genuinely interested in an example of where IOS is better in its respective app than Android
    I'm about an 80/20 split in favor of android over iOS but I also disagree with you on this specific point. Chrome browser on android has sucked hard for months now. You would think getting this right on one of the most flagship Google apps would be top of the priority list but it doesn't seem Google feels this way.

It took them a YEAR to address the blank page loads. Seriously. I'm not sure if they even did fix it. I refuse to update right now.

It consumes an incredible amount of resources, the latest update just now is getting lag and crash complaints and the designers thought it was a good idea to remove the most frequently used item on the UI off the main screen and into the drop-down menu. Ugh. I wonder if safari has this many issues?
    10-11-2014 03:24 PM
    I'm about an 80/20 split in favor of android over iOS but I also disagree with you on this specific point. Chrome browser on android has sucked hard for months now. You would think getting this right on one of the most flagship Google apps would be top of the priority list but it doesn't seem Google feels this way.

It took them a YEAR to address the blank page loads. Seriously. I'm not sure if they even did fix it. I refuse to update right now.

It consumes an incredible amount of resources, the latest update just now is getting lag and crash complaints and the designers thought it was a good idea to remove the most frequently used item on the UI off the main screen and into the drop-down menu. Ugh. I wonder if safari has this many issues?
    Safari has become super cleaned up and easier to use. I think it supports limited extensions with ios 8 and just for some reason, Safari loads pages faster on my ipad 2 than Chrome on my Nexus 4.

10-11-2014 03:41 PM
    Chrome browser on android has sucked hard for months now. You would think getting this right on one of the most flagship Google apps would be top of the priority list but it doesn't seem Google feels this way.

From a Windows Phone user prospective, trust me the mobile browsing experience on both iOS and Android is light years better than the IE mobile for WP8.1. While Chrome isnt my top choice, its a breathe of fresh air that actually works and renders pages correctly.

As far as resources go, Chrome on PC is definitely a resource hog...horribly implemented, seriously 3 resources for idle browsing? sometimes all the resources dont even die after closing the app. ugh.
    10-21-2014 02:55 PM
    I was a longtime iPhone user (almost 6 years) and while I loved it for many reasons and still do, it lots it's wow factor for me with the 6. Even with the iPhone 5 there was things that made me think it wasn't much of an upgrade from the 4, but Android wasn't for me back then.

The 6 is a good phone and iOS is for the most part pretty good IMO, but each release always has elements that are completely useless and/or annoying. The iPhone 6 physically seems like a step backwards too IMO, the cutouts for the antennas are hideous regardless of a case hiding them. The 6+ is great but seems freaking huge compared to my S5 when I looked at it side by side, big enough that as much as I like it for some reason I'd get it over a 6 but it's just so big for the screen real estate it offers :/. Part of me really does miss iOS (I still have my iPad at least) but I look at those with the 6 and a stock, non-jailbroken iOS and I'm happy I didn't stay on the Apple side of things and jumped ship
    11-03-2014 12:09 PM
    I find that there are people who really prefer one operating system over the other and then there are those of us who flip-flop from one to the other. Those that are adamant in one camp really don't see the advantages or benefits of the other. In those cases, it's probably best not to argue your position or tout the features of your particular preference because they won't see it because they don't want to. It usually leads to animosity.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 12:30 PM
    I find that there are people who really prefer one operating system over the other and then there are those of us who flip-flop from one to the other. Those that are adamant in one camp really don't see the advantages or benefits of the other. In those cases, it's probably best not to argue your position or tout the features of your particular preference because they won't see it because they don't want to. It usually leads to animosity.
    Wise words! I find myself having heated arguments with those who have only ever used one OS and refuse to acknowledge there are perfectly good alternatives. To be fair these people are usually iOS users
    11-03-2014 12:34 PM
    Wise words! I find myself having heated arguments with those who have only ever used one OS and refuse to acknowledge there are perfectly good alternatives. To be fair these people are usually iOS users
    Wouldn't be able to gauge your last point accurately, but I have experienced it from both sides. And it's unfortunate. There really is nothing to be gained from ignoring other competing operating systems and products. I can be fully happy with my iPhone 6 Plus because I have experienced the competition. Therefore I can completely appreciate the device that I have in my hands because I know that I made an informed decision and it is exactly the smartphone that I want.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 12:42 PM
    Good luck
    11-07-2014 04:21 PM
    Wouldnt be able to return an non apple as easily
    11-07-2014 04:22 PM
    good for the return policy. i always love android to any other platforms no matter what.
    12-10-2014 05:57 PM
    Its really good. good luck
    09-09-2015 01:43 AM
39 12