View Poll Results: Will you be switching to the iPhone?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! I've been waiting for this forever

27 11.16%
  • Maybe, I'm going to wait until it's been out a while first

34 14.05%
  • Definitely not, Android for life!

181 74.79%
04-21-2011 10:42 PM
138 123 ...
tools
    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...phone-jan-11th

Before we flame Apple, remember that competition breeds innovation =]
    01-07-2011 05:31 PM
    Flame Apple? Why would we do such a thing?

Seriously, what is up with this iPhone junk making its way to an Android site/blog. The wretched thing is like the worst case of hemorrhoids ever. No matter what you do, it will just not go away. I thought this would be my safe haven, a place where I could go and not here about it....but I guess I was wrong. Why was this not kept on TiPb.com and left off the AC?
    01-07-2011 06:09 PM
    I'm excited, my brother is dying for an iphone and he's not up for an upgrade for a year. I'm going to get one with mine and sell/trade him it for his DX and $300. Hello Galaxy Tab.
    01-07-2011 06:30 PM
    I'm excited, my brother is dying for an iphone and he's not up for an upgrade for a year. I'm going to get one with mine and sell/trade him it for his DX and $300. Hello Galaxy Tab.
    Galaxy Tab off Best buy? cause i know they have it for 299 on activation unless im mistaken.
    01-07-2011 07:27 PM
    Remember, true friends don't let true friends get iPhones.
    01-07-2011 07:45 PM
    Hate to say it but the X will be going for a phone that can actually do corporate email.
    01-07-2011 07:53 PM
    Hate to say it but the X will be going for a phone that can actually do corporate email.
    Why dont you just get Touchdown , problem solved, i get all my exchange mail faster than i get it on my work computer
    01-07-2011 07:55 PM
    Galaxy Tab off Best buy? cause i know they have it for 299 on activation unless im mistaken.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    01-07-2011 07:57 PM
    A fair warning to all of you who wish to take this plunge...

I had AT&T w/iPhone for the last 2 yrs prior to going with Verizon where I live in NC last September. It CAN be a nice piece of hardware, but if you are accustomed to having your phone your way and doing what you want with it, you will be sadly disappointed with it. I used it for personal and limited work use and IMO it couldn't do either very well in combination. And you will find the rotten apple is very, very, very self contained and doesn't give you the freedom that you have now w/ Android and Google.

But it only my opinion and opinions are subjective so take it or leave it.
    01-07-2011 08:36 PM
    A fair warning to all of you who wish to take this plunge...

I had AT&T w/iPhone for the last 2 yrs prior to going with Verizon where I live in NC last September. It CAN be a nice piece of hardware, but if you are accustomed to having your phone your way and doing what you want with it, you will be sadly disappointed with it. I used it for personal and limited work use and IMO it couldn't do either very well in combination. And you will find the rotten apple is very, very, very self contained and doesn't give you the freedom that you have now w/ Android and Google.

But it only my opinion and opinions are subjective so take it or leave it.
    I wonder what its like going from an android to a iphone, Now Multicon, no widgets. no 3D app drawer. stuck moving left to right within quadrants no pull down notification bar.
    01-07-2011 08:41 PM
    Competition is only good for the business...I'm not too concerned about it. It was only a matter of time
    01-07-2011 08:47 PM
    Competition is only good for the business...I'm not too concerned about it. It was only a matter of time
    Exactly
    01-07-2011 08:49 PM
    Me too.

The flip side of it, AT&T is now betting it big with no less than three Android superphones of its own and a total of 20 model releases for the year. I believe that AT&T hasn't jumped into Android completely because of the iPhone exclusivity. Now with that out of the bag, so AT&T might be the Android carrier of the year.
    01-08-2011 12:29 AM
    YA now AT&T can focus more on Android!
    01-08-2011 02:50 AM
    If, or when, iPhone arrives at VZW... I really hope and pray VZW doesn't pull the same crap AT&T does to appease Apple. ie... market apps only (yes it can be subverted but still)
    01-08-2011 10:20 AM
    If, or when, iPhone arrives at VZW... I really hope and pray VZW doesn't pull the same crap AT&T does to appease Apple. ie... market apps only (yes it can be subverted but still)
    I think it will be the same way with Verizon as with AT&T. Apple will control every aspect of updates market everything. I don't think Verizon has any power when it comes to this for the fact that apple can release it's phone to any carrier. I think apple will run the show.
    01-08-2011 10:30 AM
    Apple certainly will run the show. The no non-app store apps is definitely an apple thing. Jobs and Apple want to have the final say of what you can do with the iphone to keep them running smoothly.
    01-08-2011 12:16 PM
    Apple will still have basically all control, no doubt there. But I do think Apple will be caving in just slightly on certain things like advertising. Someone stated earlier that Apple doesn't want to lose ANY marketshare, so it's more willing to work with partners with the iPhone, and I tend to agree with that sentiment.
    01-08-2011 12:20 PM
    Just a thought, which is slightly off topic, I don't know if any of you have seen the interview with Matias Duarte over at engadget. One of the things he talks about is that as of Honeycomb Android no longer needs to have physical buttons, they can be done in software, this would make it much easier to use a iPhone that had been hacked to run Android.

This may comfort anyone who jumps ship to the iPhone only to realise that iOS is a sucky POS.
    01-08-2011 01:35 PM
    I'm not a huge fan of the "one button" concept of iOS -- it's TOO simple for me, and in some cases is actually a little annoying. I'm all for Android supporting it, but I certainly hope we don't see a slew of new devices that don't have the standard array of Android soft/hard buttons we're used to.
    01-08-2011 03:06 PM
    You can dual boot Android with iOS on an iPhone.
    01-08-2011 05:39 PM
    You can dual boot Android with iOS on an iPhone.
    only on the iphone 2g and 3g. So that means the newer ones 3gs to now arent dual bootable.
    01-08-2011 05:41 PM
    I think that people are making a bigger deal about this than it is worth. Of course there will be Android traitors just like there are iPhone traitors. The may be more of the first group than the second one but still it is not going to be as dramatic if this was done last year. Android is available in more varieties than than there are different flavors of Snaple.

In regards to the worry of Steve Jobs and apple having influence over what Verizon releases and does with other iPhone competitors, guys calm down and lets take 3 deep breathes haha. Everything is going to be okay. Verizon will not let Steve Jobs tell them what to do with anything other than the iPhone. Verizon did not release the original iPhone due to them not wanting to allow Apple too much control over things. Yes, I am sure Verizon regrets that to this day but things have changed since the iPhone 3Gs has released. Verizon has a huge android customer base and many of them have come from the iPhone. Verizon's customer base is the biggest in the country and have not seen a big loss in customers in the past 2 years.

Verizon releasing the iPhone is more important to Apple than Verizon. Apple will continue to lose customer on AT&T when LTE is available. Verizon does not have a Data rates set up like AT&T and their 3g signal is better than Verizon in relation to coverage (not talking about speed). Also Verizon with Verizon's recent history with the Droid line of Android phones, it is creating competition with the iPhone. If Steve Jobs did not decide to release an iPhone on Verizon's network they will be losing market share, espeically when LTE is available. If anything, Verizon will have the control over Apple that AT&T dreamed of having.

Guys, the tables have turned since the last time the iPhone was offered to Verizon.
    01-08-2011 06:05 PM
    Wouldn't mind if it came to Sprint as well.
    01-08-2011 06:07 PM
    Wouldn't mind if it came to Sprint as well.
    I agree. It's really a nice device, particularly now that it has multitasking and a FFC. I don't know if I'd switch (I really love the size of the EVO's screen), but having the option would be nice.
    01-08-2011 06:58 PM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD