Help!
    I loved my G4 when I first go it but lately the lag and the screen freezing up all the time. At this point I have to do a couple of battery pulls every day just to make the phone usable. I rarely use the camera for serious photography (I have DSLR that use when I want to take good pictures) so i might be under utilizing one of the best features of the G4. Sprint is sending me replacement on Monday and I ordered a Moto X Pure to try out for a couple of weeks. I'm also considering ordering a Iphone 6s plus to see if there is a legitimate performance improvement over Android phones.

So here is why I'm considering getting my first iphone.

*i use Mac at home and my kids all have Mac books. It might be nice to have everything on the same platform.
    *my wife and kids all have IPhones. Again it would be mice for is all to be on the same page.
    *my family never complains about phone lag or freezing. Their phones just work without issues.

What I don't like about IPhones.
    *i hate the physical design. Although there beautifully built i find them a little slippery and "cold" feeling in the hand. I rarely use a case so this is a big issue for me.
    *less customization. Like many here, i have my own specific way of setting up my phone for my individual needs and preferences.

And as far as the Moto X Pure goes I'm hoping they improved the battery life over last year's version. I had the Moto X 2014 edition and loved how it worked. But hated the battery life and the screen size was a little small for my old eyes and sausage fingers.

Give me your thoughts on the 3 phones i listed.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-12-2015 11:47 AM
    There's only one thing I can say about the iPhone 6 and 6S in general.

It's an iPhone. If you don't like iPhones, it's not gonna change your mind. If you do, then get one.
    Mikey47, jhilker and heron88 like this.
    09-12-2015 12:03 PM
    That^^ Personally, I don't like iPhones, I prefer the customization of Android. But, if you like them, then get one. As for the G4, I have never had any of the lag problems that some talk of, so I don't know what to say on that. And, I do love the camera, my pictures (and I take a lot) come out great!
    09-12-2015 02:01 PM
    Moved to iPhone / iOS forum.
    09-12-2015 02:07 PM
    Wrong forum, check out the very good forums on macrumors and imore.
    09-12-2015 02:08 PM
    IPhones are really nice, and they rarely have performance issues. If you're whole family has them you might like things like imessage and family sharing. Good luck.
    09-13-2015 12:15 AM
    I'm gonna be picking up a 6S probably in November. I can't really just drop 600 dollars to pay off the g4 right now. I should wait a month or two to save a bit. But I just don't like this phone as much as I'd though. Lags, is hitchy, typing is frustrating. I gave Android a try again, but don't think it's for me. 2 months is gonna be a long wait, ha ha.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-13-2015 01:19 PM
    I just experienced really bad battery life on my Moto X 2014 during a daylong trip. So, I'm strongly considering the 6S Plus. I also work on 2 Macs & my neophyte family members use iPhones -- having an iPhone couldn't hurt.

Surprisingly, all of the size charts I found online were wrong; so, I created my own. Glad to see the 6S Plus is not that much larger than my Moto X.
    Attached Files
    09-15-2015 09:43 AM
    iPhone 6: Curved aluminium, gold or light/dark silver, 6.8mm thick, 129g
    IPhones are really nice
    09-18-2015 01:41 AM