I am not as knowledgeable about phones as I thought I was. My mother wanted an iPhone for a while (and I wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot pole) but hey, soon mother's day was around the corner and I was browsing Kijiji for an iPhone 6. I find one at a reasonable price, it doesn't seem too scammy. Owner says he is selling his phone, it's locked with Bell Canada, because he's switching for iPhone 6 Plus. He doesn't have any other devices listed (as in, not selling anything else under that ID). I send him an e-mail, request the IMEI, I check it, it's not in Lost Mode, it's not blacklisted, and I thought that was enough.

So a few days go by, it's Mother's Day, I hand it over to my mom... and activation lock. I'm mortified. I e-mail the guy. Nothing. Of course, nothing. I browse the internet, I find out that I have bought quite the expensive useless brick. I have no idea what to do. I've been looking up stuff since Sunday the 8th.

The only shred of hope I have is this thing: https://chronicunlocks.com/r/icloud_removal_tool

I'm not sure if it's a scam, I'm not even sure if iCloud lock is the same as Activation Lock. I feel like a dumbass.

Does anyone know anything about a solution for my issue?
    05-17-2016 02:51 PM
    Pretty sure I've been scammed. I should've known that if it looks to good to be true, it is.

Thank you.
    05-18-2016 12:42 PM