Apple's new A11 has a benchmark much higher than the OnePlus 5

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Benchmarks are only good for GPUs. Its really easy to sway benchmarks and your still limited to the connection via wifi for cellular or the speed of the ram/storage access.

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Yet when watching speed comparisons in real world usage we constantly see applications load within fraction of a second of each other or scroll through an Instagram feed faster than eyes can keep up with. These bench marks have not been relevant for a few generations of flag ships.
Coming from a digital animation background what I can offer here is that until mobile phones are rendering 3D atmospheric effects in real time for games or AR, (more immersive Pokémon go anyone?) This is pointless.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
More bang for your buck with the note 8 Apple devices are nice but not customizable like android is. The note is fast enough for me plus the 6gb of ram is much better than Apple. I also hope that Oreo helps with battery life and multitasking.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand benchmark tests being used as a measuring stick of how capable a device is. Too many times manufacturers have been found to optimize the device to look great on benchmark tests, but then it rarely carries over to actual every day usage. It would be awesome if Apple had come out with something like this that is really as good as it looks like it could be, because then it creates more competition. We'll see how it actually does in the wild.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
yet we still can't remove icons or rearrange then on our screen.
yes. what is that??? I got my son's hand-me-down iPad mini and it's snappy for it's age (5+years), but no reconfiguration on the home screen leaves it sitting unused. and I really don't like white for everything. shame.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
These measurements and tests are getting kind of passe, IMO. It was the same thing back in the early days of desktop and laptop computers, too. Now days, I doubt very many people really care about how fast their computer processor is. You'd have to buy pretty lowend computers for it not to be far more than adequate for most peoples use. I think it's pretty much the same in the flagship phone market these days, too.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My one year old Pixel runs just like the day I got it in 2017.
Battery life is better on Oreo than Nougat.
Isn't that what iPhones do as well?
And yes, the camera is still better than the iPhone 7 I got on launch day last year.
So, in a nutshell, get a phone that works for you and ignore the benchmarks for the most part.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
As with all these benchmark results - fans of the platform will cheer, rivals will say they're meaningless. Until the results reverse, at which point each side will do the same - faster than an A11 Bionic chip can compute a finger swipe.

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered my phone from Samsung direct, on 26 Aug, N7 promo. Still showing Pre-order on samsung.com. and no update on the fedex delivery manager about shipping. What should I do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith