What's your FAVORITE Keyboard app?

What is your favorite replacement or stock keyboard? (Phones)

• Total voters

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I tried swiftx , its not bad. Currently using smart keyboard trial, and I like it a lot. Fully skinnable as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ironblood

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the TouchPal 4.8 keyboard and I seem to have takin a liking to it over all other soft keyboards.

Before that I was using Swype, HTC_IME mod, Stock GB, Go Keyboard, Better keyboard, Perfect Keyboard, and various other keyboards. I'm a junkie when it comes to a decent keyboard.

The HTC_IME one to me is awesome if you want a good keyboard with improvement hacks. Like being able to add custom emoticons. Also there is as good theme maker available online, shop you can get a keyboard that fits your phone better.

Go keyboard was a little slow even I was using it. It would lag really bad when I would type fast, which was a killer, but overall its just a rebuild of the HTC_IME.

Perfect and better keyboard are ok , there not quite as intriguing to me.

Honestly I would recommend getting Touch Pal from the market. I think they still are offering it for free and it is similar to Swype. Its fast and responsive and they have a video on there market page that shows off the features. Worth a try

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else wonder if the chinese govt might publish useful software with trap doors for later use?

I suppose I'm just paranoid, but a keyboard would be the perfect app for that purpose.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
No question, it has to be Swype. I've realized you cannot try to replicate typing on a laptop or desktop on a 4.3 inch screen. This is why Swype works so well.

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
On my Droid Incredible 2 I switch back and fourth between the Stock Gingerbread Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Pro w/ the Gingerbread theme.

I wish I could get the Motorola Multi-touch Keyboard!!

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I got SwiftKey X a while back when it was free on Amazon. I tried it briefly and for whatever reason, at the time, I didn't like it. I got the itch to try it again a day or two ago and wow, this thing is amazing. Predictions are mindblowingly accurate. It really does work as advertised. I've been using it heavily for the past 24 hours and it's gotten twice as good at predictions. I'm sold. There's no going back to stock after this.

Sent via VM670

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm big on Swype. I've tried them all even the ones people say are so awesome adn I think they are terrible. Only real issue I have is Swype doesn't have any themes so its the same boring keyboard lol.

Martavious

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
For my 2 thumb typing, the GO Keyboard has been the closest to feel and accuracy since switching from a 3GS to SGS2. SwiftKeyX is my 2nd favorite but the small space bar is a major annoyance. ICS is a close 3rd.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
For my 2 thumb typing, the GO Keyboard has been the closest to feel and accuracy since switching from a 3GS to SGS2. SwiftKeyX is my 2nd favorite but the small space bar is a major annoyance. ICS is a close 3rd.

Agreed on the space bar being small on SwiftKey. It's the one thing I would definitely change. If they made the Return and 123 buttons half as big they could increase the space bar by a sizeable amount. I wish they'd make that an option.

Sent via VM670

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I jump between better keyboard, swiftkeyX, swype, and the Motorola keyboard. I find better keyboard has the best response, swiftkeyX has the best prediction, and moto falls somewhere in between. Swype in my opinion is nothing more than a gimmick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Para-

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbread stock keyboard has a issue with the space bar.
HTC Sense stock keyboard isn't available on my handset.
Froyo stock keyboard is redundant.
Swiftkey X is hard to use and the prediction is underwhelming.
Thumb Keyboard 4 doesn't work well on my device.
Go Keyboard is too clunky.
SlideIT is too clunky as well.
Swype is a nightmare to get on cm7 and relies too much on T9.
Smart Keyboard Pro is overpriced. /rant

Touchpal Keyboard is my favourite by far. It's the only keyboard I've found so far that has a compat QWERTY layout. It's the best layout for my Galaxy 5's QVGA display. It's also the only keypad I've used that I prefer using in portrait as I find the keys in "SureType" mode large enough for my fingers to touch/press. I also find the predictive text one of the best on any android keyboard. My only issue Is that it lacks automatic punctuation, which is available on almost every other keyboard.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan