What's your FAVORITE Keyboard app?

What is your favorite replacement or stock keyboard? (Phones)

• Total voters

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey was my favorite but lags pretty bad on the RAZR if you're a fast typer.

I'm now using one of the ICS keywords ported on the market. They're pretty solid and I don't miss swiftkey at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey was my favorite but lags pretty bad on the RAZR if you're a fast typer.

I'm now using one of the ICS keywords ported on the market. They're pretty solid and I don't miss swiftkey at all.

Do you have the typing style set to Rapid? I would think that there would be a lag free experience with the RAZR.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the typing style set to Rapid? I would think that there would be a lag free experience with the RAZR.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I sure do. If you look at market reviews from people with the RAZR you'll see its a common problem.

rocko_opt_s

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Gigerbread stock is the only one I have ever used for the Android. I afraid to install anything els becouse if it don't work I can't get on Android Central to ask for help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Gigerbread stock is the only one I have ever used for the Android. I afraid to install anything els becouse if it don't work I can't get on Android Central to ask for help.

If you install another keyboard you are still able to actively switch to another without much hassle. Just long press in the text area and select "input method". This will give you a list of keyboards that are installed on the phone for use.

On another note, Swiftkey 3 Beta was just updated: http://www.androidcentral.com/swiftkey-3-beta-keyboard-updated-slew-fixes-improvements

I'll be grabbing it soon. Does anyone use the on-screen arrows? I don't and will give it a try.

warrl

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
On my phone I don't like any keyboard based on QWERTY because the keys are too small, particularly in portrait mode. I use MessagEase which takes care of the problem by having only 14 keys. It takes more getting used to, but I can type on it faster than I ever could on the stock keyboard.

On my tablet (Nook Color, CyanogenMod 7) the stock keyboard is great - in portrait mode. In landscape mode it's actually too wide for thumb-typing. MessagEase is not a good match because the device size changes the way you hold it, which changes the way your thumb swings over the keyboard. I'm going to try Thumb, which has some split-keyboard selections.

Maya

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Thumb Keyboard 4.

I purchased SwiftKey X the other day and tried it but I didn't really like it. I'm sticking to Thumb Keyboard.

Cbollo

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Longtime SwiftKey user.. Helped to beta Swiftkey 3, and purchased it as soon I was able. Best keyboard app available imo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey 3 got a love it. Just recently came over from a BlackBerry to using a gnexus and I am typing a lot faster then I did on my berry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance