Keyboard: How do you Type?

How do you Type?

• Total voters

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So how does everyone type on their keyboards? (None swype/specialty keyboards) I noticed that typing a few letters and then selecting word predictions is the most accurate for me; however, it's not as quick as typing like a normal keyboard if you hit all the right buttons properly. (Which, is inconstant for me. Sometimes I hit them all perfectly; other times I'm sloppy with it.)

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've tried all three input methods my Infuse came with (Android, Samsung, Swype) and I DL'd the free version of some special keyboard that was supposed to make life easier. After everything, I still stick with the stock Android keyboard. While the auto correction messes me up occasionally, most of the time it just helps me out. All in all, I've just found it to be the simplest to use :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Its funny I try and do both! I find my self changing a lot. Using the HTC stock keyboard and SwiftKeyX.

I enjoy being able to chane keyboards though! Such a wonderful thing!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I wish they didn't get rid of the keyboard text box in landscape mode. It really bothers be that you have to use the web text box with landscape mode with the browser. It's annoying and doesn't line up correctly sometimes; and, is almost impossible to use if the page is still loading.

I know in Skyfire if you hit the menu button it will realign the box better; but, that doesn't work in the stock browser which I prefer using. Opera has it; but, the browser itself is just terrible. (even though it's the fastest: no flash; and, I don't like the way it displays certain websites. Google being one. I guess that's html 5 right?)

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Swype is my favorite in portrait mode. SwiftKey X in landscape mode.

I use Keyboard Manager (root required) to automatically switch between the two based on orientation.

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Swype so far, but at times I use my thumbs for longer emails and whatnot.

The one thing I really miss is my physical keyboard from bb.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using swype. It's a lot more tedious than the physical keyboard on my Pre, but it's much better than swiftkey, which slowed me down horribly with its bizarre guesses, and forced me to look at the screen for every word. I found the stock keyboard unusable, due to its lack of a comma and other shortcomings.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Who would buy a device that slides onto the bottom of your phone (like a hard case), connect via usb, and is a Blackberry style keyboard?

I know I would. Take if it off when I need a bigger screen for media. Leave it on when I'm just texting and emailing all day.

Software would obviously change the screen resolution when plugged in to fit on the exposed screen.

pawdog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey X enough that I only have to type a very few letters in a sentence. It learns very well. I'm getting more amazed by the day.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey X enough that I only have to type a very few letters in a sentence. It learns very well. I'm getting more amazed by the day.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

You're right. It is an amazing app...with great tech support; first class. The only bug I've found is that sometimes when you type certain letters, numbers appear. So you have to delete the number, hit the FN key, then retype the letter. Their tech team is working on it. This only happens with the physical keyboard, and only occasionally. I'm told they're working up a fix now via the new Beta version. Even with that bug, I love Swiftkey X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer