I downloaded SwiftKey X this week and have been loving it so far on my Droid X...

However, I have two questions that for the life of me I can not figure out.... I tried to do a search on the forum to no avail... My questions are...

1. How the heck can I select, copy/cut/paste text using SwiftKey..? for the life of me I have not been able to figure this out.. it was very easy when I was using "Swipe"... but cant figure it out wiht this app.

2. Does SwiftKey X allow you type using "swipe" like dragging...?

Thank you for any help you can provide...

12-10-2011 04:40 PM
    Any idea...

12-10-2011 06:08 PM
    When all else fails.. Long Hold. :-) This will do the trick!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using TapaTalk. Kay pof shinum wif a bardle doo.
    12-10-2011 07:16 PM
    When all else fails.. Long Hold. :-) This will do the trick!

Thank you for the advice...however, if I do a long hold, that allows me to Cut/Copy, etc... the entire text... what I'm looking to do is perform the same fuction as swipe allows you to do... which is...

select the text that you want to Cut or Copy...and go to a different app and select Paste.. Does anyone know if this is possible with SwiftKey X....?

Thank you again...
    12-11-2011 09:27 AM
    I use Swiftkey X and can take text from a website in the browser by long pressing, selecting copy when the menu pops up, select the text to copy and paste it into another app, such as gmail or text message.

Could you give us an example of what you are trying to copy/paste?

With Swipe like dragging are you referring to being able to arrange text/words?
    12-12-2011 10:29 AM
    Yes. Android works like Windows. Once you've got your text copied to your clipboard, you are able to paste it again & again in any other app. You just long hold again & select "Paste".

12-13-2011 08:37 PM
    I've been using this application for about a month now and I don't believe you can swype select text like on swype. But other than that this is the best keyboard in my opinion.
    12-14-2011 05:26 PM
    Okay... I am revisiting this since I still have not figured it out... I am also going to try and explain myself better of what I'm trying to accomplish...
    One example would be...
    - From my home computer, I copy 100 "different" Command Line actions and switches (I'm an IT guy) into a notepad and put them on Dropbox
    - From work, I want to goto Dropbox via my phone and "Copy" or Cut & Paste a "SINGLE" command line (Not the entire 100 lines) from my notepad in dropbox and paste it in a txt message and send it off to a co-worker..

On my old phone (Droid-X) I was able to do this very easily using Swype by doing the following
    - Goto my notepad in dropbox
    - From the swype keyboard, select Fn + SYM and this would bring up a submenu
    - From the submenu, I was able to "Select Text" and click Cut/Copy/Paste/End/Home or whatever..
    - Then goto my txt application (ChompSMS) and click Paste and it would paste the txt I wanted

Hopefully this is a better example of my question.... As a note, the only keyboards I'm using on my Gnex is the Factory Android and SwiftKeyX... I tried to look for Swype Keyboard but they haven't realease it for ICS yet... I heard its still in development.

Also, if there is a 3rd Party App that does Cut/Copy/Paste, etc... between apps, I would be happy to hear about those as well...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer....
    12-26-2011 09:13 AM
    In the block of text, longpress where you want to select. Then drag the colored anchors to select the text. Then choose cut or copy.

Then in the text area you want to paste long press and choose paste.

That's pretty standard for android and I think isn't specific to SwiftKey.

It can be a pain in the butt but it is what it is.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 09:55 AM