Swype or SlideIt

trjnberry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Swype, but I use Slide It everyday. I love it. Much more fun to use than Swift Key and normal keyboard. I find it to be quite accurate when you focus on getting most of the letters in your words. It has good word prediction. I'm using it right now to do this reply. I do make mistakes, especially on long words or words that have multiple same letters. For example, a word like "especially" may be difficult because on normal typing, you would type two "l's" but with Slide It, you only swipe one "l". Sometimes with long or less often used words, the prediction doesn't give you the word. I've found that if you go slowly & concentrate on getting most of the letters in, it will be quite accurate & pick it up. The keyboard does have a typing feature, which is ideal for names or other words you may want to add the dictionary. Also you can type while in Swipe mode to make quick corrections. I find this keyboard a lot of fun to use. I find the highly recommended Swift Key to a lot less fun to use. Once you get used to swiping, you won't want to go back to typing... Well, at least for me! I don't have Swype, but with Slide It, I don't find myself wishing I had Swype. This is a fun keyboard once you get used to swiping instead if typing, but you can type, too, when you need to.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

crazy_skier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy Swype, plus its free :)

The newest update did a bunch for Swype, where you can get new updates without having to uninstall and such. Has worked great for me.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
For example, a word like "especially" may be difficult because on normal typing, you would type two "l's" but with Slide It, you only swipe one "l".

I've noticed that...it's totally different from swype in that respect. I am trying the 14-day trial right now to see how I like it.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy Swype, plus its free :)

The newest update did a bunch for Swype, where you can get new updates without having to uninstall and such. Has worked great for me.

How'd you get the update for Swype? Mine is the same version that it was when I got it in May, or at least as far as I can tell.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I use to use slide keyboards I found that slideit was the best for me. For me it was much better then swype.

EVO-LUTION 3D

binxwalker

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
They both suck. The best keyboard available right now is TouchPal. Doesn't matter which input type you prefer. Oh, and its free, no add.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I prefer FlexT9 personally. No-one gives it props for some reason, but I love it. It has word prediction, Swype-like entry, Dragon voice entry, and trace entry, though I never use that functionality. No skins, but that's not a big deal to me.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

RocknSteve

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally love Swype. I haven't tried SlideIt myself but I've had Swype ever since it came out and it's just became an amazing keyboard. I'm not sure what extras SlideIt has but I'd definately recommend looking at Swype's "Tips". So many useful and clever techniques to help you utilize Swype even more :)

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
FlexT9 is like Swype because Dragon bought Swype and is integrating Swype into their software. I would imagine at some point in the future Swype will disappear and we will be left with FlexT9.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Go Keyboard now supports swiping motion and works really well. I originally wasn't a fan of Go Keyboard, but it's working really great right now.

anon406695

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
FlexT9 is like Swype because Dragon bought Swype and is integrating Swype into their software. I would imagine at some point in the future Swype will disappear and we will be left with FlexT9.

I think it will be the exact opposite. Keep swype and intergrate flex

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze