So I just purchased this pretty nice keyboard app. My only beef is that when I set the spacebar to insert a period after double pressing it, my auto-correction won't work. So, how do I have my spacebar to insert a period after double pressing it and have auto-correction work.

I have it on rapid. Putting it to precision does the same thing; can tell absolutely no difference between the two.
    06-24-2012 04:53 PM
    I've been on this for a while in beta. I noticed that after a period it has a tendency to put the letter I after a period. Not sure why double space isn't working for ya. I think if it is predicting another word for a sentence it will insert that's word and not a period.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk
    06-24-2012 04:57 PM
    So I just purchased this pretty nice keyboard app. My only beef is that when I set the spacebar to insert a period after double pressing it, my auto-correction won't work. So, how do I have my spacebar to insert a period after double pressing it and have auto-correction work.

I have it on rapid. Putting it to precision does the same thing; can tell absolutely no difference between the two.
    Go to the SwiftKey 3 app in your app drawer, and go to "Advanced". Select "Precise" typing style ("Rapid" cause "Quick '.'" to be unavailable). Choose "Spacebar will complete current word". Then make sure "Quick '.'" is turned on.

Now you're all set. A single space while typing a word will complete that word, and a double space will insert a period. Enjoy.
    dmmarck likes this.
    06-26-2012 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD