Auto space after period.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off the auto space after I hit the period button in SwiftKey 3. I am so used to hitting the space key after I punctuate that I end up with double and sometimes triple spaces after my sentences. It is kinda annoying because when I type using Tapatalk it doesn't auto space but in my messaging app it will, it's too difficult to try and remember when it will auto space so I know when to hit the space bar and when I don't have to. I have a droid Razr Maxx running android 4.0.4. Build, . 215. If that makes a difference.

EDIT: I figured it out. Had my setting set to put a period when I hit the space bar. I will just get used to hitting the period button instead of double tapping the space bar.
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
How are you liking Swiftkey? I've been using it for a long time now and its the only third-party keyboard that I've used consistently.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I previously tried SwiftKey 2, I used it on and off with better keyboard 8 on my droid x, and but now with SwiftKey 3 it is the only keyboard I will touch on my phone. Everything about it is just so much better

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
where did you find the setting to disable that space after period i cant find it
ps i am running the free version right now
I don't think you can disable it. I just checked through the settings and there is nothing to disable that; if you press a predication a space occurs or if you hit space after a word you get a space. If you are trying to insert a period then continue you'll have to backspace then continue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol