Swiftkey is out of Beta

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
99 cents .60 pound.

Going up tomorrow (or soon) to 4 bucks, go get it while its cheap.

It is in the market as "SwiftKey" NOT Swiftkey Beta, which is the old one (expiring on the 30th).
So its a new install and you won't see it as an upgrade.

I really like this keyboard.

http://www.swiftkey.net/blog/?p=83 <----<<< Press Release

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Change log is here:

SwiftKey Blog

- Simultaneous bilingual prediction
- Improved keyboard layouts, with numpad and first iteration of arrow key support
- Performance improvements, solving many lag issues completely
- Enhanced settings options, including disabling prediction behavior for hard keyboards
- Predictions shown in browser, search etc.
- Language module handling improved
- Voice recognition auto caps

The following bugs were fixed:

- Double word entry
- Mixed upper/lower case display
- Accented character handling
------------------

The big one is that it gained a microphone
and they fixed a boatload of bugs since the last beta.

Oh, and for non Nexux One people (those without trackballs) the item above relating to
arrow keys is very nice for editing things.

AppBrain link: SwiftKey Keyboard - Android app on AppBrain

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The number pad is new, and there are a few smaller features (question mark key, swipe to delete full word). Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Dang, you beat me to it. I really like that the prediction works in search/browser, that and the numbers were my only complaints about this.

vinva

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably missing something, but why won't it access my contacts when trying to enter email addresses in gmail? I type in a name, and instead of looking for the email address is just throws a "@gmail.com" on the end of the name.

joebraidwood

Swiftkey Developer
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably missing something, but why won't it access my contacts when trying to enter email addresses in gmail? I type in a name, and instead of looking for the email address is just throws a "@gmail.com" on the end of the name.

Are you in landscape mode? This is a known issue and one we're working on (but it's actually an Android issue; I'm pretty sure all third part IMEs suffer from it).

Cheers

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

You are definitely missing something because that works perfectly for me.

Try setting Autocompleate on and autoaccept off.

I just started typing a name and or email address and gmail app itself shows contacts that match.

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Fantastic product. I appreciate all the rapid updates. Definitely better than swype! keep up the good work and the bug fixes coming :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89