How to get the old good keyboard back?!

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the Droid Razr Maxx with the stock Android 4.1.2 keyboard, and it's basically perfect.

Now that I upgraded to the Moto X, the latest keyboard rearranged things and now I make more mistakes. Before, I had the voice input button on ?123 board, but that's taken the place of the comma and the comma's moved to the ?123 board on the right side and an underscore (which I never use) placed where the voice input key was. I can't rearrange anything. The Voice Input option now is just a checkbox rather than a three-choice selection so it's either where the comma was (which I used all the time) or not there, and I keep accidentally hitting it when it is there. Very annoying!!!

Is there some way to change this without sideloading my old version? This is very frustrating. I don't know why they mess with something so good.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a stock Google keyboard available in the Play Store. If that's the keyboard used in the Droid Maxx then download it from the Play Store. Otherwise, the only option would be to sideload it if it's available, and is compatible with your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair