Is that even possible? I just tried to look for an answer to this for quite a while and it's always the same useless one:
    "Android keyboard [blabla] swipe space bar to change languages".

But I don't care about the default Android keyboard, I need to know whether the spell check can work with an app like SwiftKey for more than just one language. Because so far, I haven't found an option for that in either the Android spell checker options, nor in those of SwiftKey.
    11-09-2014 03:15 AM
    spell check will work with any language, if your language doesn't have enough info in the dictionary then u can add to it by adding to dictionary and after a while it will spell check nicely. ..... hope that helps . . . . .
    11-09-2014 04:28 AM
    It may very well work with any language (one at a time) but what I'm saying is that when I use the Android default keyboard, I can switch the language of the spell check by switching the language of the keyboard. That doesn't work with SwiftKey. If my spell check language is set to "Use system language" and I type in German with SwiftKey, pretty much all of my words are underlined because obviously, it tries to use the English dictionary for everything.
    11-09-2014 04:50 AM
    This thread is not that old and it didn't get a proper answer, so I'm bumping it...

Hasn't anyone got an idea on how to solve this? This is really annoying for me, who (as a translator) has to switch between French and English all the timer. The keyboard's spell-check can be changed easily, but whenever I write in English when my phone is set to French (or the other way around), all the words are indeed underlined red as if they were misspelled.
    I don't wanna go to settings>language>etc. each time I need to change language mid-sentence, which is everyday. Even a Phone's Language Switcher widget would do the trick - although not as simple as it would be to just have the phone recognize that I speak two languages at the same time - if there is one around, please someone let me know!

12-08-2014 04:39 AM
    I have the exact same problem as you both, I switch between German and English constantly. I've looked and looked and can't find a solution either.
    02-20-2015 07:03 PM
    I should mention that while it's no solution, I found that there are multiple stock Android keyboards with different layouts available, so I don't even find it necessary to use 3rd party keyboards any more. SwiftKey became unacceptably laggy anyway.

Recently, I was dissatisfied with the stock keyboard of Lollipop but found a "Jelly Bean Keyboard" in the play store that is based on the keyboard of that Android version and thus works with multiple languages.
    Currently, I'm using KitKat with AOSP Keyboard, which also satisfies my needs.

So if the only reason to use a 3rd party app is maybe a crappy keyboard layout (which was the reason for me), I would recommend looking into AOSP or older stock keyboards.
    02-22-2015 03:44 PM
    Thank you
    07-11-2015 09:20 PM