Is Swiftkey getting buggier?

adwarner

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I've installed SwiftKey on my HTC 10. I like having the number row across the top although access to punctuation is poor. I think that if you've got the number row showing all the time then the 123 screen only needs to show punctuation. My biggest bug bear though is it automatically putting a space after selecting a word from the list when most of time I want to put a full stop or comma there or end up with two spaces because I add one myself being a fast typer.

I also find typing in some boxes is hidden and the web page won't move up - is this related to the keyboard or the web page?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know this thread was started a long time ago, but I've been using SwiftKey for about a year or more and have had very little issues. In fact, I switched back to it after a while because I found that my Google keyboard just wasn't working well for me. It seemed to lag. But SwiftKey is working well for me. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I know this thread was started a long time ago, but I've been using SwiftKey for about a year or more and have had very little issues. In fact, I switched back to it after a while because I found that my Google keyboard just wasn't working well for me. It seemed to lag. But SwiftKey is working well for me. :)

Posted via the Android Central App
I've been using SwiftKey for 1¼ years now on multiple devices, and I haven't noticed any issues with its performance.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I tried swift key.........ugh!!!!!!! This would have to be one of the most overrated apps I have ever come across. Constant word errors was driving me nuts. And not intuitive at all. And just things that Swype does better. For e.g., if I type "to", the word "too" appears in the word column, along with others. Swift puts a couple of words only not related at all to "to" and without "too". Swype doesn't do this. Swype clearly tells you when you enter a word it has not encounted with the option of adding it to the dictionary. And just things like this. And I swear, Swift is a lot less forgiving about exact finger placements.

I have gone back to Swype keyboard.

DivideYourDay

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I can't seem to stick with any keyboard other than the stock keyboard. Others have all been so buggy for me and the stock keyboard actually works very well for me - and Google's swipe is v great actually