09-11-2016 07:13 PM
29 12
tools
    Im unsure why exactly, but my Swiftkey app seems to get worse over time.
    I thought my typing would ultimately get better, but after 2 years, I appear to getting worse.

Some of my problems: its simply not giving good predictions, its randomly throwing in words that dont make any sense and the screen seems to be so sensitive to my typing, that I occasionally "flow" while typing, which produces all sorts of crazy results.

Finally, does anyone use the "always insert a space" option with the spacebar or are most people choosing between "prediction" and "complete the current word"?
    vedran.russo likes this.
    01-18-2015 09:13 PM
    I'm using prediction with no completion on spacebar, although it seems to correct on spacebar, which many times means that I have to use the arrows to back up and spell the word I wanted, not the one it chose. Other than that, no complaints. I can "type" some whole sentences by choosing the next predicted word after about 8 months - it knows my style pretty well.
    hiredgun likes this.
    01-19-2015 12:09 AM
    Wow, "not giving good predictions" really? I have Swiftkey, Swype, and TouchPal, which I'd say are the big 3 for prediction for sure, and NOTHING I have used comes even close to Swiftkey for prediction! I even joke with people that it's the best keyboard for NOT having to type because after you use it for a day or two you can predict your way through a lot of conversations without having to even "type" the first word of a sentence on your own!! AS Rukbat said, it will learn your style pretty darn fast and you can predict more than "type" most of the time! I will say at least for gesture typing it's probably the LEAST accurate of the three, with Swype being first and TouchPal a very close second, but for prediction it's the best keyboard out there without a doubt! I use the space bar to select the prediction because it makes typing even faster for me. It's really strange that it would give you problems with the prediction of all things because Swiftkey is know for it's amazing prediction capabilities more than any other feature it has.
    01-19-2015 02:00 AM
    I agree with op. Sometimes it just goes off the deep end with predictions.
    I find it more accurate at times to use flow more. I never use the space bar without lifting my finger. Certain themes I think work better than others.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-20-2015 05:25 AM
    I don't have predictions errors yet, but I suffer from double click sound and vibration when typing, it's like an echo for both sound and vibration that ruin the experience. Definitely a bug, it happens in my S4 and Nexus 7 (only the sound).

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    02-09-2015 01:41 PM
    Ignoring all hire and fire 🔥 guns
    SwiftKey has now got competition my last update is worst.
    They have ignored 90% of my stored predictions and behaving absurdity
    02-17-2015 09:57 AM
    I found the biggest improvement by going into "Swiftkey Cloud" and unchecking the "trending phrases" box. That helped a LOT. I still have it checking my Gmail, and social media for phrases, along with using the spacebar to complete the prediction, and doubletap for period. So far so good - I have tried other keyboards and I keep coming back. It's not quite as fast as Google's stock keyboard but I much prefer having my punctuation on the same screen instead of taping another button to get to it. (I have voice disabled, no haptic feedback, no sound, and dialed back the long-press time down to about 275 from the stock 450 setting.
    Driftinganomaly and pwscott like this.
    03-15-2015 09:11 AM
    I like SwiftKey except that it has an annoying tendency to insert numbers into my words. Actually, it's probably me accidentally hitting a number when trying to use the top row of letters (I have it set up to show the number row at the top) but it still seems like it should autocorrect the word rather than think I want a number in the middle of a word li8ke this. I guess I'll have to get rid of the number row for a while.

07-02-2015 11:26 AM
    Every free APP will become bigger and slower. the download size is now over 30 MB, and it is getting slow....
    07-07-2015 09:27 PM
    Thank you..
    07-11-2015 10:12 PM
    Is there still no way to modify swiftkey themes?
    07-23-2015 11:42 AM
    I thought my typing would ultimately get better, but after 2 years, I appear to getting worse.

Some of my problems: its simply not giving good predictions, its randomly throwing in words that dont make any sense and the screen seems to be so sensitive to my typing, that I occasionally "flow" while typing, which produces all sorts of crazy results.

Finally, does anyone use the "always insert a space" option with the spacebar or are most people choosing between "prediction" and "complete the current word"?
    I was just mentioning this yesterday. My predictions aren't nearly as good as they were a year ago

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    08-28-2015 06:44 AM

What phone are you using? Do you have problems in certain apps or problem in general when typing using SwiftKey?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    08-28-2015 08:53 AM
    If you feel that your predictions are off, there are a few things I recommend.

1) Clear the cache and data from the app
    2) Re personalize
    3) Sign out of Cloud and sign back in
    PrinceCorwin and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-28-2015 02:16 PM
    I was just mentioning this yesterday. My predictions aren't nearly as good as they were a year ago

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Same here, noticed it maybe 6 months ago but never cared for it... Now it bothers me
    02-04-2016 03:31 PM
    Mine seems to be OK, but then I haven't bothered to update it for a while. I'm not interested in emojis.

However - Microsoft bought Swiftkey. Expect it to get buggy. It was said that Swiftkey would keep going on Android, but if MS wants to run Android apps, then it will probably want extras that pure Android users don't
    Microsoft buys SwiftKey, says iOS and Android keyboard apps will continue | ZDNet
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-05-2016 06:18 PM
    Not noticing much difference here, the prediction is very good, but I never thought it was as great as everyone says. Still my go to though.
    03-04-2016 05:03 PM
    I still preffer SwiftKey to Samsung's stock keyboard.
    03-16-2016 10:27 AM
    I always was prompted to choose my keyboard every so often. Since last update it's multiple times per day and is annoying.

03-16-2016 10:32 AM
    I came across some issues lately, but after I unchecked "Trending phrases" in Swiftkey Cloud it has got better. What I don't like about Swiftkey is that it started throwing numbers in the words. It never happened before and I don't know how to fix it.
    However, I've been using it for over a year now and can't see any better keyboards for Android, although I tried many of them.
    Swiftkey is still the best in predicting what I am about to type and hence the fastest.
    05-15-2016 01:56 PM
    I've installed SwiftKey on my HTC 10. I like having the number row across the top although access to punctuation is poor. I think that if you've got the number row showing all the time then the 123 screen only needs to show punctuation. My biggest bug bear though is it automatically putting a space after selecting a word from the list when most of time I want to put a full stop or comma there or end up with two spaces because I add one myself being a fast typer.

I also find typing in some boxes is hidden and the web page won't move up - is this related to the keyboard or the web page?
    05-23-2016 05:49 AM
    It's now owned by Microsoft. I think that would be a yes.
    05-23-2016 09:02 AM
    Klawiatura samsung jest ok
    05-24-2016 08:58 AM
    I know this thread was started a long time ago, but I've been using SwiftKey for about a year or more and have had very little issues. In fact, I switched back to it after a while because I found that my Google keyboard just wasn't working well for me. It seemed to lag. But SwiftKey is working well for me.

06-03-2016 08:17 PM
    I know this thread was started a long time ago, but I've been using SwiftKey for about a year or more and have had very little issues. In fact, I switched back to it after a while because I found that my Google keyboard just wasn't working well for me. It seemed to lag. But SwiftKey is working well for me.

I've been using SwiftKey for 1¼ years now on multiple devices, and I haven't noticed any issues with its performance.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-03-2016 08:43 PM
29 12