12-14-2011 03:54 AM
92 1234
tools
    Wow, this is great! I love swype and have used it for awhile but this is really good. I like it better than swype. I like the ease of selecting words and correcting words. The dictionary isn't obtrusive like swypes which pops up in your face all the time. Very nice ... must try.
    02-15-2010 09:13 AM
    What's the word on its compatibility and performance on the Eris? The only negatives I see in the Marketplace comments are on the nag screen. And are there any significant differences between the two other than the suggestion pop-ups?

From what I understand with Swype, it will continue to be free because their marketing angle is to go after new phones and be included on those. SlideIT is a pay app, for the full version with no nag screen, I guess. Any other differences between the free and pay version?
    02-15-2010 02:24 PM
    I downloaded and have been using on my Eris with no apparent problems.

edit to grumble: Has anyone else noticed that all these "drawing" keyboards use blue. I'd sure like to see some Eris green.
    02-15-2010 02:48 PM
    I really like this application.
    02-15-2010 02:56 PM
    I had no problems downloading Swype for my Eris, and it was free. It's not in the Marketplace for Eris, so it has to be downloaded to the PC and then to the phone, but it wasn't a big deal. Sounds like they're basically the same thing. Any significant differences?
    well there are a few differences. layout, resolution, file size, availability to public through marketplace...
    02-15-2010 03:48 PM
    how do you do contractions?

edit: nevermind, this is much easier than Swype
    02-15-2010 05:45 PM
    just downloaded and its the ****. i hated lag in swype and uninstalled, glad to see this app
    02-15-2010 08:01 PM
    screen has recently popped up to buy. tried shapewriter it seems you have to be way too accurate I mess up alot
    02-15-2010 09:14 PM
    I tried shapewrite back when swype was first leaked and didn't like. I like SlideIT and will buy it as soon as they let me.
    02-15-2010 09:52 PM
    I emailed the developers and the commercial version of SlideIT should be available next week.
    02-16-2010 06:39 AM
    I emailed the developers and the commercial version of SlideIT should be available next week.
    At least they responded to you. I didn't hear back from them at all. That's good news though, and will be even better if they have a high resolution version out for the Droid also. I kind of doubt it though seeing as they are demoing it on a Samsung (Moment?).

Did anyone happen to notice it's a $14.99 keyboard on Windows Mobile? Would you still buy it at that price?
    02-16-2010 06:49 AM
    woohoo i can now txt and drive thanks slideit!
    02-16-2010 02:43 PM
    I just downloaded it free of charge. It's definitley interesting and has its similarities and differences from Swype. I'll give it a try for the next few days and see how it is. I did like that swype had a tutorial which showed you how to use some of its features. haven't found the same yet on SlideIT

Ok, so after just a few minutes, I'm gonna say I like Swype better, I think. Swyper more easily learns new words and I just the the interface is more user friendly.
    02-16-2010 02:54 PM
    i like it a lot but it randomly pops up asking me to buy and the link doesnt go anywhere. but i cant tell you what i do to make it pop up, it just seems random
    02-16-2010 02:56 PM
    I just downloaded it free of charge. It's definitley interesting and has its similarities and differences from Swype. I'll give it a try for the next few days and see how it is. I did like that swype had a tutorial which showed you how to use some of its features. haven't found the same yet on SlideIT

Ok, so after just a few minutes, I'm gonna say I like Swype better, I think. Swyper more easily learns new words and I just the the interface is more user friendly.
    SlideIT Manual- easy and friendly application
    02-16-2010 03:42 PM
    i like it a lot but it randomly pops up asking me to buy and the link doesnt go anywhere. but i cant tell you what i do to make it pop up, it just seems random
    I emailed the dev and a pay version should be out next week.
    02-16-2010 03:43 PM
    Just not my style.. would rather use two fingers.
    02-16-2010 09:13 PM
    Tried it as well and am not a fan. Uninstalled it after a hour.
    02-16-2010 09:15 PM
    There's an update to v1.2.1 available.
    02-16-2010 09:17 PM
    After playing around with both swype and slide it, I'd have to say that I like slide it better.
    Granted this form of texting/typing takes a little getting used to... but it is by far very useful to me.
    Slide it seems to be a tad bit faster to me. Whereas swype has froze on me repeatedly, and would always throw the wrong word into the mix.

So.. slide it FTW for me.
    02-17-2010 01:07 AM
    After playing around with both swype and slide it, I'd have to say that I like slide it better.
    Granted this form of texting/typing takes a little getting used to... but it is by far very useful to me.
    Slide it seems to be a tad bit faster to me. Whereas swype has froze on me repeatedly, and would always throw the wrong word into the mix.

So.. slide it FTW for me.
    My sentiments exactly. SlideIT is especially great for text messaging, and when I want to type something longer, like an email or a few notes, I'll use the physical keyboard. With Swype, it was too hard to get to the number screen and the predictive text is just better with SlideIT. Now all I want is a higher res interface and a buy button that works. Something tells me the buy button will come first, but whatever.

p.s. - I can't believe I had to add the word Starbucks to the dictionary
    02-17-2010 06:50 AM
    Hopefully along with the paid version you will be able to select your device and itll give us a higher resolution option as well

*hey one can always hope right*
    02-17-2010 08:15 AM
    never know... I hope so.
    02-17-2010 08:18 AM
    I think SlideIT has great potential but I have switched back to Swype.

I thought the demo version of SlideIT didn't save words to the dictionary ?? You are able to save words?
    02-17-2010 08:49 AM
    I installed it but it does not recognize my slide.
    02-17-2010 09:12 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD