12-14-2011 03:54 AM
92 1234
tools
    You can save words in the demo version, but you can't save the dictionary.
    02-17-2010 09:12 AM
    You can save words in the demo version, but you can't save the dictionary.
    Ahhh, ok.

I installed it but it does not recognize my slide.
    Have you selected it as an available keyboard in Settings > Language & Keyboard > SlideIT Lite Keyboard <check>

Have you long-pressed on an input box and selected input method <SlideIT>?

OR .. it just occurred to me that you might mean, when you swipe, it shows "??" ? You may need to tap type the word into the keyboard and hit the <+> to add it to the dictionary...
    02-17-2010 10:17 AM
    Lets see if this works. I needed to long press and select it.
    02-17-2010 10:44 AM
    My sentiments exactly. SlideIT is especially great for text messaging, and when I want to type something longer, like an email or a few notes, I'll use the physical keyboard. With Swype, it was too hard to get to the number screen and the predictive text is just better with SlideIT. Now all I want is a higher res interface and a buy button that works. Something tells me the buy button will come first, but whatever.

p.s. - I can't believe I had to add the word Starbucks to the dictionary
    I'm sure the paid version is going to allot better than this starter version.
    Had to add the word "Starbucks" eh?
    That's funny.
    02-17-2010 12:52 PM
    I'm sure the paid version is going to allot better than this starter version.
    Agree .. at least we have two good swipe type keyboards !

Had to add the word "Starbucks" eh?
    But if you can't save the dictionary (in the DEMO ver) .. is that just temporary until next reboot??
    02-17-2010 02:29 PM
    I'm in communication with support and would like to confirm a few bugs I've noticed:

1. Auto space tends to get confused. Type something like: "Dog", then try and use the trackball to change it to "Dig".
    2. Auto caps gets confused. Same example.
    3. The Shift key doesn't really allow for caps in the middle of a word. Like: "JKib" (caps lock is also kinda funky with its press and hold).

Confirm?
    02-17-2010 06:32 PM
    I am glad to that I gave SlideIt a try, it worked out pretty good. My accuracy was dramatically better than with ShapeWriter (which I have now deleted). However, Do not like that each key can only do one thing (in Swype you can long press for alternatives)... I will keep it for now and stay abreast of any updates. It comes as a very close second to Swype.
    02-19-2010 10:15 PM
    well I can no longer use SlideIT says my trial is up and I must buy if i wish to continue to use. Still cant buy it though so I guess back to swype for now
    02-20-2010 10:05 PM
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling. I had it do that to me once and was able to get it to stop by doing that.
    02-20-2010 10:06 PM
    gracias worked and am back to slide
    02-20-2010 10:15 PM
    well I can no longer use SlideIT says my trial is up and I must buy if i wish to continue to use. Still cant buy it though so I guess back to swype for now
    same happened to me today.Enough with the buy popup that you cant buy.

1- app doesn't know word google
    2-we all I'm sure hated the insert that happened when lol was typed.
    3- app forgot words

went and bought swype, keyboard even looks better.
    02-21-2010 02:31 PM
    woohoo i can now txt and drive thanks slideit!
    Cool, I don't even have to put my beer down while driving -- YAY!
    02-21-2010 03:06 PM
    Does it work with Nexus? I've installed it twice but it still doesn't pop up when long tapping a text field. It's enabled just like swype - which does work - but won't launch.

Dude, you're playing with fire.
    02-21-2010 03:33 PM
    lol. I hope you are not a smoker.
    02-21-2010 04:06 PM
    Dude, you're playing with fire.
    lol. I hope you are not a smoker.
    For the record.... I think texting (or doing ANYTHING with your phone) while driving is rather selfish and stupid.

Selfish because you feel your communication is more important that other people's safety. Stupid because there are just WAY too many handsfree alternatives available to avoid being distracted with your phone while driving.

Back to the subject at hand: SlideIT, my opinion...

Pros:-- Great UI (much better than Swype)
    -- I like the banner choice of words rather than the box on Swype
    -- Tapping out words (when needed) works very well

Cons:
    -- HORRIBLE graphics, resolution looks terrible on Droid.
    -- Dictionary is crap on free version.
    -- The "trace" line stays too long (although, I'm sure this is adjustable, I just haven't figured out how yet)
    -- Contractions (don't, wasn't, aren't) are not very easy. This is probably user error and there is an easy way to do it once I learn how.

It does appear that one can "save" the dictionary on the pro (paid) version. I just can't figure out how to buy the durn thing. I would definitlely NOT pay anywhere close to $15 for it. That's insane. A buck or 2 maybe, but, $15... no way.
    02-21-2010 04:45 PM
    -- Contractions (don't, wasn't, aren't) are not very easy. This is probably user error and there is an easy way to do it once I learn how.
    The method I've used to type contractions is to type the letters without the apostrophe, and then tapping the suggested word from the bar above. For example, if I type wasnt, it automatically display's wasn't in the bar. Is that how you've been doing it?
    02-21-2010 04:51 PM
    I wait all this time for the perfect opportunity to tell Prometheus he's playing with fire and no one even groans?

Ingrates!
    02-21-2010 05:12 PM
    I wait all this time for the perfect opportunity to tell Prometheus he's playing with fire and no one even groans?

Ingrates!
    Most people probably didn't make the connection to mythology.
    02-21-2010 06:51 PM
    same happened to me today.Enough with the buy popup that you cant buy.
    You can just uninstall it, install it again.
    02-22-2010 04:10 AM
    My only problem with SlideIT is that it would be nice if it could detect a password field and not display my password in full text.
    02-22-2010 07:02 AM
    My only problem with SlideIT is that it would be nice if it could detect a password field and not display my password in full text.
    Along those same lines, it always wants to capitalize the first letter of my password, which in my case isn't something I want to do. I always end up using the physical keyboard for passwords.
    02-22-2010 07:32 AM
    SlideIT is now available in the Market for a whopping $11
    02-22-2010 09:45 PM
    I installed it last night, and so far it's working out really well, I'm quite impressed with the functionality and it's ability to decipher words as I slide through the letters. So far so good. It takes some getting used too but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun.
    02-23-2010 08:20 AM
    SlideIT is now available in the Market for a whopping $11
    Wow - I think I'll stick with Swype for now and just go with what I know. From what I'm reading the differences aren't dramatic enough for me to shell out $11 when I've got the same basic thing for free.
    02-23-2010 09:04 AM
    While Swype is available for installation, it is not by choice of the company. I don't agree with the Swype business model so I will support a company that will sell directly to the consumer instead of trying to ride the coattails of device manufactures.
    02-23-2010 09:54 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD