SlideIT for Android

ffmedic2112

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, thats the people that are more aware, not everyone understands or is willing to try. Also, by default ususally something official beats out something that people are skeptical about.

Also, I have yet to try SlideIT but I know I HATED the way the Swype caches the "data" and it can not be user controlled. My Swype file was over 10mb nearly in a week.

drm2blv,
Where is the cache file located, I didn't realize that swype cached anything!

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
drm2blv,
Where is the cache file located, I didn't realize that swype cached anything!

go to settings, applications, then manage and then check your file size of the file.

click on swype. itll say like 5.05mb for the program and then there is a "data" line, which i believe is your stored words.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Thats because its available to the public. If Swype was easily available im sure so many would feel the same way.

I had no problems downloading Swype for my Eris, and it was free. It's not in the Marketplace for Eris, so it has to be downloaded to the PC and then to the phone, but it wasn't a big deal. Sounds like they're basically the same thing. Any significant differences?

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Wow, this is great! I love swype and have used it for awhile but this is really good. I like it better than swype. I like the ease of selecting words and correcting words. The dictionary isn't obtrusive like swypes which pops up in your face all the time. Very nice ... must try.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
What's the word on its compatibility and performance on the Eris? The only negatives I see in the Marketplace comments are on the nag screen. And are there any significant differences between the two other than the suggestion pop-ups?

From what I understand with Swype, it will continue to be free because their marketing angle is to go after new phones and be included on those. SlideIT is a pay app, for the full version with no nag screen, I guess. Any other differences between the free and pay version?

JKib#AC

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and have been using on my Eris with no apparent problems.

edit to grumble: Has anyone else noticed that all these "drawing" keyboards use blue. I'd sure like to see some Eris green.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I had no problems downloading Swype for my Eris, and it was free. It's not in the Marketplace for Eris, so it has to be downloaded to the PC and then to the phone, but it wasn't a big deal. Sounds like they're basically the same thing. Any significant differences?

well there are a few differences. layout, resolution, file size, availability to public through marketplace...

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I tried shapewrite back when swype was first leaked and didn't like. I like SlideIT and will buy it as soon as they let me.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I emailed the developers and the commercial version of SlideIT should be available next week.

At least they responded to you. I didn't hear back from them at all. That's good news though, and will be even better if they have a high resolution version out for the Droid also. I kind of doubt it though seeing as they are demoing it on a Samsung (Moment?).

Did anyone happen to notice it's a $14.99 keyboard on Windows Mobile? Would you still buy it at that price?

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded it free of charge. It's definitley interesting and has its similarities and differences from Swype. I'll give it a try for the next few days and see how it is. I did like that swype had a tutorial which showed you how to use some of its features. haven't found the same yet on SlideIT

Ok, so after just a few minutes, I'm gonna say I like Swype better, I think. Swyper more easily learns new words and I just the the interface is more user friendly.

Last edited:

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
i like it a lot but it randomly pops up asking me to buy and the link doesnt go anywhere. but i cant tell you what i do to make it pop up, it just seems random

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded it free of charge. It's definitley interesting and has its similarities and differences from Swype. I'll give it a try for the next few days and see how it is. I did like that swype had a tutorial which showed you how to use some of its features. haven't found the same yet on SlideIT

Ok, so after just a few minutes, I'm gonna say I like Swype better, I think. Swyper more easily learns new words and I just the the interface is more user friendly.
SlideIT Manual- easy and friendly application

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke