I just downloaded the trial version of Swiftkey, and when I started using it, it asked if I am ok with it reading everything I type including passwords and credit card info. I suppose all aftermarket keyboards are able to do this now that I think about it. So is this nothing to be concerned about?
    12-15-2010 03:16 AM
    I just downloaded the trial version of Swiftkey, and when I started using it, it asked if I am ok with it reading everything I type including passwords. I suppose all aftermarket keyboards are able to do this now that I think about it. So is this nothing to be concerned about?
    i have no idea because i use my native swype but i imagine this is done for predictive purposes perhaps.
    12-15-2010 03:19 AM
    Android is just letting you know that these keyboards in the market have the ability to record that information such as passwords and credit card information, but it doesn't mean the keyboard app your using does such a thing. It's just a generic message used for all keyboards.

With swift key being as popular as it is I doubt they are doing this, but I'm just guessing. I use the app I think your ok in my opinion.
    12-15-2010 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD